Ever Seen a "Lifter" fly?

Old July 15th 03, 08:20 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Default Ever Seen a "Lifter" fly?

Jay Honeck wrote:

.... which you can enjoy between sips of your favorite adult beverage!

Really? I thought all you stocked was beer?

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel
Old July 15th 03, 08:26 PM
Jay Honeck

Really? I thought all you stocked was beer?

Well, I was assuming we were all manly low-wing types here.

If you want to sip something OTHER than beer, George, I have no
objections...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 16th 03, 12:54 AM
Dan Thomas

Popular Mechanics or one of those mags had an article on a similar
machine back in the 1960s. It flew, too, but couldn't lift anything
more than itself, not even the power supply. I think the enormous
voltage required to make it work harder would just end up making a big
light show.

Dan
Old July 16th 03, 01:54 AM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:36:59 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in Message-Id:
%YWQa.72001$H17.21246@sccrnsc02:

[Blatant advertisement snipped]

If you don't wish to go to the bother, danger and expense of building one, ...

You can see it fly here (video):
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/videos/3stlft10g.rm

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm
Old July 16th 03, 03:34 PM
Jay Honeck

[Blatant advertisement snipped]

It's only an "advertisement" if I'm selling something, Larry.

The beer -- and the lifter demo -- is free to all who attend!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 16th 03, 04:12 PM
Jay Honeck

Okay, so why is this appearing three times on my newsreader?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

newshdRa.78805$Ph3.8186@sccrnsc04...

Old July 16th 03, 06:21 PM
Randy Wentzel

Okay, so why is this appearing three times on my newsreader?
--
Jay Honeck

It's showing up in my news client also (Outlook Express 6)

--
Randy

Old July 16th 03, 08:09 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:34:31 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in Message-Id:
XndRa.78418$N7.9309@sccrnsc03:

[Blatant advertisement snipped]

It's only an "advertisement" if I'm selling something, Larry.

The beer -- and the lifter demo -- is free to all who attend!

It wasn't my intent to get you sputterin' and stutterin' (you posted
three identical follow-up replies), Jay. It was my intent to provide
an information resource to anyone who was interested in the lifter
phenomenon, as that was the subject of the thread.

Now you've caused it to degenerate into a display of your lack of
command of the English language:

ad夫er付ise \"ad-ver-'tiz\ verb ad夫er付ised ad夫er付is品ng
[ME, fr. MF advertiss-, stem of advertir] (15c)
verb transitive
1 : to make something known to : notify
2 a : to make publicly and generally known advertising their
readiness to make concessions
b : to announce publicly esp. by a printed notice or a
broadcast
c : to call public attention to esp. by emphasizing
desirable qualities so as to arouse a desire to buy or
patronize:
PROMOTE
verb intransitive
: to issue or sponsor advertising advertise for a secretary
ad夫er付is鋲r noun

Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

advertise verb
1 syn DECLARE 1, announce, annunciate, blazon, broadcast, bruit
(about), proclaim, promulgate, publish, sound
rel recount, relate, report; communicate, impart; ballyhoo,
promote, propagandize, publicize
con conceal, repress, suppress; bury, hide, obscure
2 syn PUBLICIZE, build up, cry, hype, press-agent, puff
3 syn PROMOTE 3, boost, plug, push

Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

As you will readily note from the above definitions of the word
'advertise,' it's use is far from being restricted to the act of
'selling' as you defensively asserted (three times).

Sorry I hit a nerve there ol' buddy, but your defensiveness seems to
betray the true intent of your free offer: advertisement.

More lifter information he
http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/vi...h&LG=en&DB=EPD
http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bn... 2949550A1+I+
Old July 16th 03, 09:38 PM