Has Anyone Gotten 2 Monitors to Work with FS9 or FSX?

Old March 2nd 08, 01:43 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

Default Has Anyone Gotten 2 Monitors to Work with FS9 or FSX?

If so, please tell me how. Thanks

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and

Old March 2nd 08, 02:42 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Quilljar[_2_]

Yes many people have got two and three monitors to work just by following
the instructions in windows and in FS9 and FSX. I cannot remember the ways
but it must have been very simple for me to have done it!
You need a video card with two outlets of course, and/or the Matrox Dual
head 2 go, or Triple head 2 go
Remember to choose the correct monitor size within FS Hardware Options.

--
Yrs Quilly (Winchester UK)

. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 03:07 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Don[_2_]

Ditto here, my video card has dual dvi outputs, so I just use those to my
two LCD monitors. If you have a dual output, and a Nvidia card, the drivers
for the Nvidia have a simple set up wizard to do this.
I use the second monitor, for dragging my open menu items to, that I like to
keep displayed, like atc, radio stack, and gps, leaving my main monitor for
the cockpit display, in FSX.

--
Don

Old March 2nd 08, 03:23 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
p.b

"newsiimmer" wrote in message
. ..
If so, please tell me how. Thanks

I work with 3 screens on 3 cards.
One big fast card for the main screen and 2 low cards for 2 small screens
with nav maps and radar.

pieter
the dutch

Old March 2nd 08, 06:02 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

Thanks everyone, but how do you set up the views and stretch them to the
other
monitor? I want to see the left and right side views but I don't know which
assignments/settings I should use. Please help.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Be aware that
the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by
state and federal privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not further disseminate this message. If this message was received in error,
please notify the sender and delete it.

. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 06:03 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

Thanks everyone, but how do you set up the views and stretch them to the
other
monitor? I want to see the left and right side views of cockpit,etc but I
don't know which
assignments/settings I should use. Please help.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Be aware that
the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by
state and federal privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not further disseminate this message. If this message was received in error,
please notify the sender and delete it.

. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
At Where

Sounds like you are trying to make a single ultra wide view out of two
monitors. FSX doesn't seem to SPAN monitors like windoze desktop
display setup can so you cannot "stretch" them. You can only have
view windows in one monitor or the other. You can simulate it to a
certain extent though by setting up two views manually to get the
effect that you desire.

Set your monitor resolutions first.

To do this in FSX go to the setup screen for display options -
SETTINGS - DISPLAY SETTINGS - CUSTOMIZE from the main FSX screen.

There, on the left side, in "Device-specific options" if FSX
recognizes both of your monitors you will see a dropdown box for
DEVICE: that allows you to set resolution for each of your monitors
independently.

When you start a flight, both monitors will then have capability to
display, but the things you are used to seeing will begin only in the
primary monitor. For anything that you want to have displayed in the
other monitor you will have to create and size a new view window and
then drag them over to that monitor.

Bear in mind that dual display takes a LOT of video and processor
horsepower so you will very likely suffer a lot of display quality
loss to get the additional monitor.

Also, since you can only manipulate view slewing in one window at a
time, you will only be able to view slew half of your view - the
active view window to "look around".

To simulate your ultra wide view, set up two virtual cockpit view
windows -one on each monitor and then use the "eyepoint adjust"
options to move the viewpoint position for each and then "slew view"
options to set the angles where you want them.

This is a HUGE pain to do, and as far as I know, there is no means to
save the positions of the windows once you have them where you want
them. (There may be something you can do in the setting files for the
aircraft) A little research on google or altavista may yield a way to
save the settings.

Old March 2nd 08, 09:49 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
cj

Of course you can span two or three monitors in FSX. I have been doing that
ever since it came out. you need the right video card and then go to the
desktop -properties and select the full width 2048 or whatever.In my own
case 3840...you get a great lifelike view too.

quilly

Old March 3rd 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
newsiimmer

cj: You answer FSX. I have FS9 and Nvidia 6200 Geforce 256 MB. Will it work
for me? How to span it step by step? I'm new to this so please everyone be
patient with me.Thanks

Old March 3rd 08, 05:43 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Quilljar[_2_]

I think you have all the information you need now. The thing is to
experiment a bit and see what happens. We all had to do that to begin with.
Good luck, and let us know how you got on. If you have further problems
after trying a few things, come back here and ask. After that, you will be
telling the next lot how it's done...

--

"cj" wrote in message
Of course you can span two or three monitors in FSX. I have been doing
that ever since it came out. you need the right video card and then go to
the desktop -properties and select the full width 2048 or whatever.In my
own case 3840...you get a great lifelike view too.

quilly

Multiple Monitors on FS2002 Steve Simulators 2 May 26th 05 05:42 PM
engine monitors Rosspilot Owning 21 January 1st 05 04:13 PM
Using 2 monitors with FS9 Joe C Simulators 12 December 22nd 04 01:13 AM
FS:Custom molded in ear monitors Andre Piloting 4 January 8th 04 02:37 PM