FLARM IGC files: erasable?

Old May 20th 13, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default FLARM IGC files: erasable?

I would like to use my FLARM IGC file for contests.

To help the scorer, it would be nice to present a USB stick with only that day's contest file. But how can one delete all the other flight logs that end up on the USB stick, too?

Raul Boerner
DM
Old May 20th 13, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

If your scorer is using Winscore, he shouldn't care, It will select the correct file based on the file name.

It has been a few years since I scored so there is a chance this has changed.

Brian
Old May 20th 13, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Sunday, May 19, 2013 9:56:06 PM UTC-5, Brian wrote:
If your scorer is using Winscore, he shouldn't care, It will select the correct file based on the file name.

It has been a few years since I scored so there is a chance this has changed.

Brian

this must still be the case, as for the contests i've flown i've just handed the scorer my Nano, which has the whole seasons worth of flights on it.
Old May 20th 13, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

To help the scorer, it would be nice to present a USB stick with only that day's contest file. But how can one delete all the other flight logs that end up on the USB stick, too?

From the updated Powerflarm manual:

CORE has internal memory for around 100 hours of flight recording at a 4s interval. Flight recording automatically starts when the aircraft starts moving and ends when the CORE is switched OFF or after more than 10 minutes of standstill. When the memory is full, the oldest flights are overwritten first.

Regarding the USB stick, the guys above are correct. The scorer shouldn't have issues if you have a valid .igc file for your contest day on the stick. They will find the correct file. Personally, I use a clean stick at the start of a contest and don't bother erasing anything until after the contest.

Craig R.

Old May 20th 13, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Thanks go to my responders: I feel better, now.
Old May 20th 13, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:29:39 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks go to my responders: I feel better, now.

Loaded the latest upgrade for my portable Flarm yesterday. Uploaded file to OLC and was pleased to see 2 green scoring icons.

Brad

FLARM for SAR FLARM Soaring 57 November 21st 12 07:21 PM
Flarm v5 Kevin Neave[_2_] Soaring 5 February 23rd 11 01:35 PM
Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC danlj Soaring 2 August 5th 07 02:45 PM
FLARM Robert Hart Soaring 50 March 16th 06 11:20 PM
Flarm Mal Soaring 4 October 19th 05 08:44 AM