Personal B-52

Old May 28th 04, 01:08 PM
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:07:45 -0400, Buff5200 wrote:

1. Does this thing qualify for Light Sport Aircraft rules?

It's based in Britain, I believe. You'll have to consult their
bureaucracy. (

2. Homeland Security is going to have Kittens when they see this.
They are already trying to shut down model rockets as a threat
to our nation's airways.

Agreed. I fly RC. The FBI has already visited one of the Muslim
members of my club to see why he was buying hydrochloric
acid in large quantities--he was anodizing some of his engine
parts. He answered the door wearing one of his nuclear
shirts--he's a physicist who works for a local university reactor.
:-O

Marty
Old May 28th 04, 02:55 PM
Alan Minyard

On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:22:40 -0700, (Marc Reeve) wrote:

Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
"HECTOP" wrote:

Oh, BUFF!

http://www.scalerchelis.com/forum/in...&f=17&t=2382&s

Damn.

You know you're into the edges when your "scale model" plane is heavier
than some legal *piloted* flying machines.

(Some guy built a C-130 on about the same scale, which would do LAPES or
paradrops...)

Very nice. My only question is... will it drop anything?

Yep, the balance in the builder's checking account!!

Al Minyard
Old May 28th 04, 06:35 PM
William W. Plummer

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
. ..
Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
"HECTOP" wrote:

Oh, BUFF!

http://www.scalerchelis.com/forum/in...&f=17&t=2382&s

Damn.

You know you're into the edges when your "scale model" plane is heavier
than some legal *piloted* flying machines.

(Some guy built a C-130 on about the same scale, which would do LAPES or
paradrops...)

Very nice. My only question is... will it drop anything?

If you tell me their next project is a scale MOAB, I'm going to be scared.

Old May 28th 04, 07:33 PM
Krztalizer

He answered the door wearing one of his nuclear
shirts--he's a physicist who works for a local university reactor.

Do you happen to know if it was a TRIGA reactor...?

Reason I ask is that those reactors were designed at our elementary school - no
kidding! (1956-1959, it was home to General Atomic, "to develop peaceful uses
for atomic energy".)

v/r
Gordon
Old May 28th 04, 07:45 PM
Marc Reeve

William W. Plummer wrote:
"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
. ..
Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
"HECTOP" wrote:

Oh, BUFF!

http://www.scalerchelis.com/forum/in...&f=17&t=2382&s

Damn.

You know you're into the edges when your "scale model" plane is heavier
than some legal *piloted* flying machines.

(Some guy built a C-130 on about the same scale, which would do LAPES or
paradrops...)

Very nice. My only question is... will it drop anything?

If you tell me their next project is a scale MOAB, I'm going to be scared.

MOAB's too big for a BUFF's bomb bay, isn't it?

Some friends of mine have, for years, been holding an informal "Siege
Engine Competition" to see how far one may propel a standard
twelve-ounce beer can. I idly suggested once that one ought to build a
tenth-scale B-52 and load it with a couple cases. Not being much of a
mathemetician, I have no idea what the payload of a tenth-scale BUFF
would be, though.

Instead of an "Arc Light" strike, it'd be "Bud Light"...
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old May 28th 04, 07:45 PM
Marc Reeve

Chad Irby wrote:
Tetherhorne P. Flutterblast wrote:
"HECTOP" wrote:

Oh, BUFF!

Typical toys for rich, white males...keep them amused and keep their
minds off what really matters. Dorks.........

So what's your point?

Yeah. Some guys buy fast cars. Others actually have fun with their
money.
Old May 28th 04, 08:47 PM
Robert M. Gary

"HECTOP" wrote in message ...
Oh, BUFF!

http://www.scalerchelis.com/forum/in...&f=17&t=2382&s

Could anyone see the videos? It looks like they were removed from the server.
Old May 28th 04, 08:55 PM
HECTOP

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
Could anyone see the videos? It looks like they were removed from the
server.

yeah, looks like we've done them no favor by overpromoting their website :-)

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Personal Air-car sanman Home Built 8 August 24th 04 04:19 AM
Col. (Ret) Rene Goldberger (Personal Artifacts) Zomby Woof Military Aviation 0 April 5th 04 04:51 AM
New Story on my Website ArtKramr Military Aviation 42 February 18th 04 05:01 AM
personal property tax on homebuilt aircraft Stu Fields Home Built 18 September 6th 03 03:29 PM
le bourget 2003 - personal website hugo36 Military Aviation 1 July 8th 03 11:07 PM