Has Anybody Seen This Footage?

Old February 3rd 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Has Anybody Seen This Footage?

That's what struck me... I haven't heard any details about the
accident, but you have to wonder why it went down at that angle and
attitude???

Old February 3rd 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's what struck me... I haven't heard any details about the
accident, but you have to wonder why it went down at that angle and
attitude???

You wonder if it is a stall/spin stretched glide or icing or something else
but I haven't seen any info.

DW

Old February 3rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's what struck me... I haven't heard any details about the
accident, but you have to wonder why it went down at that angle and
attitude???

You wonder if it is a stall/spin stretched glide or icing or something

else
but I haven't seen any info.

DW

I'm not a pilot so my judgement is not expert, but around 6:15 p.m. on Jan.
31 north of Countryside Lake in Mundelein, I saw the lights of a plane
headed east which made the plane appear to me to be flying very low. It just
didn't seem normal. Only a minute or two before, as I was getting into my
car, I was surprised by ice on it, as it was not very cold nor was it
raining, but the air was definitely damp.

A few hours later, upon hearing the news bulletins on TV of a plane that
crashed just before 6:30 p.m. at Palwaukee, I immediately thought of the
plane I saw earlier. Might it have been flying over Countryside Lake (about
12 mi. NW of Palwaukee) around that time? Would you fly low if icing was a
problem?

MW

Old February 3rd 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"odd lot" wrote in message
. net...

[...]

Only to try to find warmer air down low above freezing. Air typically cools
as you climb unless there is a temperature inversion. But it is hard to say
if that was the plane or not. I have flown into PWK but I am not familiar
with the area. Could just be a low level VFR corridor over your area and
nothing out of the normal. Guess that is why we pay the NTSB. The plane that
crashed was a twin engine plane.

DW

Old February 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The plane that crashed was a twin engine plane.

DW- Thanks for your comments. Curious as to why you mentioned the above. My
recollection is that the plane was moving more slowly than "normal" as well
as being low. But I reemphasize my lack of expertise in such matters.

MW

Old February 3rd 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sorry-- the date of my observation and the crash was the 30th not the 31st.

MW

??
ol I'm not a pilot so my judgement is not expert, but around 6:15 p.m. on
ol Jan. 31 north of Countryside Lake in Mundelein, I saw the lights of a
ol plane headed east which made the plane appear to me to be flying very
ol low. It just didn't seem normal. Only a minute or two before, as I was
ol getting into my car, I was surprised by ice on it, as it was not very
ol cold nor was it raining, but the air was definitely damp.

ol A few hours later, upon hearing the news bulletins on TV of a plane
ol that crashed just before 6:30 p.m. at Palwaukee, I immediately thought
ol of the plane I saw earlier. Might it have been flying over Countryside
ol Lake (about 12 mi. NW of Palwaukee) around that time? Would you fly low
ol if icing was a problem?

With best regards, Oddlot. E-mail:

Old February 4th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"odd lot" wrote in message
. com...

The plane that crashed was a twin engine plane.

DW- Thanks for your comments. Curious as to why you mentioned the above.
My
recollection is that the plane was moving more slowly than "normal" as
well
as being low. But I reemphasize my lack of expertise in such matters.

MW

Because if you noticed that it was a single engine it wouldn't be the
accident plane, that was all. Maybe the plane you seen was "scud running"
which is where a pilot has not filed IFR in crappy conditions continues
flying into bad weather and they have to get low below of the cloud ceiling,
good way to become a statistic.

DW