RPG-Man MPEG Launcher Footage -Closer Examination-Interesting

Old June 24th 04, 08:06 PM
McNeil

Default RPG-Man MPEG Launcher Footage -Closer Examination-Interesting

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

There is an mpeg file circulating around the net, showing a guy aiming
a rocket launcher at ???

and I was curious if anybody else sees the same things that I do.

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe all shots that were fired at
this guy were fired from behind.

The first several times that I viewed the footage, I thought the same
thing, that the shots were fired from in front of him.

Here is how I came to that conclusion...

I saved the file to my hard drive, and opened it in Windows Media
Player. I then used the "space" bar (rapidly) to stop/start the action
many times. (in the interest of time, a "period" resets the footage,
so that you don't have to watch the entire sequence if you don't want
to)

From the time that the shooting begins, until the shooting stops with
the guy laying dead on the ground is only about 5-6 seconds-tops-and
quite a lot happens. In fact, the action is so fast and intense, the
guy literally never knew what hit him.

As you space through the sequence, you can begin to see how the shots
unfold.

But, by stopping the footage in "mid frame" so to speak, I started
noticing that there was a "streak" coming from about a thirty degree
angle from behind, hitting the ground just in back of him, and
ricocheting up, and hitting (wounding) him in the lower left side of
the back. (If it was a .223, he might have lived from this shot)

But, spacing through farther, You can see the second shot (again from
an angle of about thirty degrees, and behind him (and probably from
the same gun) hits the ground several feet behind him and ricocheting
up to hit him right behind the left ear, blowing the back side of his
head open. (listening carefully to the audio, you deer hunters will
also recognize the distinctive "thwack" of a bullet hitting flesh, as
the ricocheted bullet hits him in the left side of the head)

Milliseconds AFTER the second shot ricochets up to hit him, the tracer
round ricochets off the ground (from behind him, and to his right)
never touching him. By stopping and starting the sequence in mid
frame, you can tell by the sound of the tracer ricocheting off the
ground that it never touches him.

All of the shots, including the tracer round, appear to be fired from
behind and above him (downwards) The disappearing light trail of the
tracer goes from right to left in the frame.

The light trail from the tracer "appears" to be from a slightly
different angle, and the sound that the weapon that fired that round
sounds different, possibly farther away, possibly a different caliber,
or possibly the round retort was muffled by buildings, etc.

Unless you stop/start the sequence, mid frame by mid frame, it appears
that he was shot from the front.
----
Interesting note:

He seems to be completely unaware of the (hidden) person standing in
front of him, and to his right, and even with a high resolution cad
monitor, the resolution is so grainy, that I cannot determine if that
guy is a soldier, or??? or armed??? This (hidden) person emerges after
the dead guy hits the dirt, and appears to be holding something in his
hand. (possibly a weapon) Obviously this guy is not threat to the
person in the foreground wearing red.

Also, if the armed guy standing next to the camera man is his enemy,
he is not taking a defensive position. I don't know enough about the
local culture to tell if the guy (foreground, armed) is of the same
"tribe" he is wearing red markings and the dead guy is wearing gray
markings.

Possibly someone that is familiar with local culture can enlighten us
about those markings.

One last thing:

I do not know the history of this footage, or what this person was
aiming at, or even if this guy is really our enemy. But, it seems
strange (at least to me) that there is a "cheering" section in the
audio portion of this footage. This could have been a staged event for
the media or something equally as sinister.

McNeil

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg
Old June 24th 04, 09:45 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

You can plainly see that the shot came from the grassy knoll. Right
where the hobo was running from. ( Sorry, couldn't resist! )

McNeil wrote:

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

There is an mpeg file circulating around the net, showing a guy aiming
a rocket launcher at ???

and I was curious if anybody else sees the same things that I do.

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe all shots that were fired at
this guy were fired from behind.

The first several times that I viewed the footage, I thought the same
thing, that the shots were fired from in front of him.

Here is how I came to that conclusion...

I saved the file to my hard drive, and opened it in Windows Media
Player. I then used the "space" bar (rapidly) to stop/start the action
many times. (in the interest of time, a "period" resets the footage,
so that you don't have to watch the entire sequence if you don't want
to)

From the time that the shooting begins, until the shooting stops with

Old June 25th 04, 01:59 AM
Pete

"McNeil" wrote
http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

There is an mpeg file circulating around the net, showing a guy aiming
a rocket launcher at ???

and I was curious if anybody else sees the same things that I do.

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe all shots that were fired at
this guy were fired from behind.

The first several times that I viewed the footage, I thought the same
thing, that the shots were fired from in front of him.

Here is how I came to that conclusion...

I saved the file to my hard drive, and opened it in Windows Media
Player. I then used the "space" bar (rapidly) to stop/start the action
many times. (in the interest of time, a "period" resets the footage,
so that you don't have to watch the entire sequence if you don't want
to)

Only if you watched in reverse.

With a better video editor that allows better frame by frame, you can
clearly see the rounds coming from the left.

He is hit at least 3 times
Lower abdomen (This exits downward out the back, to the right of the frame)
Head (exits downward, to the right. Impacts the ground very near a missed
round, slightly closer to the camera)
Just below the neck, with a tracer round (Exits upward, again to the right)

Even at normal speed, you can see the tracers coming from the left.

Pete

Old June 25th 04, 03:31 AM
Ron

I do not know the history of this footage, or what this person was
aiming at, or even if this guy is really our enemy. But, it seems
strange (at least to me) that there is a "cheering" section in the
audio portion of this footage. This could have been a staged event for
the media or something equally as sinister.

McNeil

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

Sounded to me like they were saying Allah Akbar just before he got hit..
Ron
PA-31T Cheyenne II
Maharashtra Weather Modification Program
Pune, India

Old June 25th 04, 03:49 AM
McNeil

Mark and Kim Smith wrote in message ...
You can plainly see that the shot came from the grassy knoll. Right
where the hobo was running from. ( Sorry, couldn't resist! )

That's otay pankee! (Buckwheat)

McNeil wrote:

http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

There is an mpeg file circulating around the net, showing a guy aiming
a rocket launcher at ???

and I was curious if anybody else sees the same things that I do.

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe all shots that were fired at
this guy were fired from behind.

The first several times that I viewed the footage, I thought the same
thing, that the shots were fired from in front of him.

Here is how I came to that conclusion...

I saved the file to my hard drive, and opened it in Windows Media
Player. I then used the "space" bar (rapidly) to stop/start the action
many times. (in the interest of time, a "period" resets the footage,
so that you don't have to watch the entire sequence if you don't want
to)

From the time that the shooting begins, until the shooting stops with

Old June 25th 04, 05:00 AM
Yeff

On 24 Jun 2004 19:49:50 -0700, McNeil wrote:

That's otay pankee! (Buckwheat)

Have you seen the video of Buckwheat getting shot?...

--

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old June 25th 04, 05:05 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Pete" wrote in message

[...]

Man, what are you doing?! You are *ruining* a perfectly good conspiracy plot
still in its infancy with *facts*? Didn't you note the guys "staged event or
something equally sinister" closing? NEXT you'll be telling us that TWA 800
just accidently blew up due to a fuel tank explosion, or something similarly
requiring common sense... :-)

Brooks

Pete

Old June 25th 04, 01:52 PM
door gunner

Only if you watched in reverse.

With a better video editor

I'm curious, what "better" video editor are you using?

I would like to see this for myself,

Doc
Old June 25th 04, 03:18 PM
BUFDRVR

You can plainly see that the shot came from the grassy knoll. Right
where the hobo was running from. ( Sorry, couldn't resist! )

Back..and to the left....back and to the left

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old June 25th 04, 07:40 PM
Pete

"door gunner" wrote in message
om...
Only if you watched in reverse.

With a better video editor

I'm curious, what "better" video editor are you using?

I would like to see this for myself,

Doc

Anything that allows frame by frame editing, vs merely " "space" bar
(rapidly) to stop/start the action many times"

The editor that came with my Dazzle USB video encoder, MovieStar (not great,
but it works)
AIST MovieDV Suite
Adobe Premier 5.1

(after conversion to uncompressed .avi)
PaintShopPro 6 Animation Studio (this extracts out to individual frames)
VideoLan Media player (this allows very, very slow motion)

All show exactly the same effects in the video clip.

Pete