Ugly Airplanes, pt 5 - iai arava honduras.jpg (1/1)

Old March 1st 08, 12:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default Ugly Airplanes, pt 5 - iai arava honduras.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iai arava honduras.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	23085
Old March 2nd 08, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Bobby Galvez wrote:

Hey ... I flew in that airplane about 25 years ago in Honduras!

Ugly and slow, but it did its job!

BobbyG

She was a regular going in and out of "T-Gotcha" (Tegulcigalpa) when I
was down at TFB. I heard that she hit the mountain after the take off
shimmy to the left and max climbout ... around 1996 I think.
Old March 2nd 08, 09:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene Park

Default Brewster WA Air Show 1971

I was a student pilot in 1971 and attended an air show at Brewster, WA and
took these photos. I just found the negatives and downloaded them.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
The Flybaby seems to have been converted to a monoplane since I took the
photo.

This link shows it still as a biplane:
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/AmateurBuilt/904.htm

And today:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/

Apparently the Texan is in museum now in Texas. The Wild Goose was destroyed
in a crash near Keizer, Oregon. Fuel line disconnected the pilot made a
wheels down water landing.

The Pitts was destroyed and pilot killed at Vancouver, WA 21 August 1977.
The Cessna 120 is apparently alive and well in Alaska. The Bucker
Jungmeister is apparently also still active.

Gene
Lake Oswego, OR