alexis park inn and aviation videos

Old March 24th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default alexis park inn and aviation videos

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
[...]
so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.

And you're posting that here because, why?

Assuming Jay's engaging in spam and copyright violation (and that's far from
a foregone conclusion), how is that an on-topic post here?

Pete

Old March 24th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 24th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

And Martin himself is seldom, if ever, "on track".

Old March 24th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.

That's an interesting presumption. How is this video page linked to my
business, other than the fact that it's a page (out of a hundred other
pages) on our hotel's website? (And this is merely for convenience' sake,
as I don't have another place to put them.)

We neither charge for nor sell any of the videos, we give proper
accreditation (when known), and I will remove any video upon request. We
also provide links to NTSB reports, eye-witness reports, and any other
pertinent details regarding the video.

No one has ever requested that any video be removed. In fact, in every case
when people have seen their videos on the site, they have enthusiastically
sent me MORE of their videos. They know that this is a page that is there
for the good of all pilots, and they understand -- as apparently you
don't -- the sacrifice it has taken to put that page together.

In fact, if you factor in my time, I have spent many thousands of dollars on
that stupid page, simply because it's interesting to me, and Jav has kindly
donated the bandwidth so that all pilots and aviation enthusiasts may enjoy
and (hopefully) learn something. NO ONE is making money on the deal, I
assure you.

Assuming Jay's engaging in spam and copyright violation (and that's far
from a foregone conclusion), how is that an on-topic post here?

I know you're not saying this, but I'm curious: How can *I* be engaged in
spam? It is Martin who brought up the topic.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Matt Barrow" wrote)
"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

And Martin himself is seldom, if ever, "on track".

Well, Marty's ours and we're keeping him. "How you doing Marty?" :-)

Another "shout out" goes to Marco Leon. I never get to see your posts
anymore unless someone quotes you, or I whip over into Google Groups and
find you there. It's that Supernews? Superfeed? problem. I'm missing someone
else, too - can't remember who at the moment.

Marty's a little like a terrier on a pant cuff with this issue. That said, I
do think his post is (100%) on topic for this group - doesn't mean he's
(100%) right ...or (100%) wrong.

I am sure (100%) that I appreciate all the work Jay and Jav have done
compiling that page.

Montblacklab

Old March 24th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

Another "shout out" goes to Marco Leon. I never get to see your posts
anymore unless someone quotes you, or I whip over into Google Groups and
find you there. It's that Supernews? Superfeed? problem. I'm missing someone
else, too - can't remember who at the moment.

In looking at Marco's posts' headers, it appears he posts through a
Newsfeeds.com reseller and your news provider is purposely blocking
Newsfeeds-originating posts.

Giganews (my new Usenet provider, having switched from Newsfeeds a few
months ago) is not, as of yet, blocking Newsfeeds.com posts.

--
Peter
Old March 24th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
[...]
so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.

And you're posting that here because, why?

Because simply posing the question directly to Jay via email would have
not allowed him to troll the group.
Old March 24th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

se the quote 'brought to you by' or something to that effect.

By the way -- I have managed to impose upon Tony Clay, a retired RAF
officer, to be my "Technical Adviser" for the video page. As excerpted from
the page:
Technical Advisor: Over the years, controversies have erupted over
certain videos. Spotters from all over the world are usually quick to
detect any errors, but -- occasionally -- there is a dispute over precisely
which aircraft is being displayed, or what is actually taking place
on-screen.

To help with this problem, I have persuaded retired Royal Air Force
Warrant Officer Tony Clay to act as "Technical Advisor" for the web page.
As an RAF pilot, Tony has flown -- or flown in -- a number of aircraft,
including Chipmunks, Bulldogs, Tutors, C-130s, BAE Andovers, Boeing
Chinooks, Wesland Wessex, and Sea King helicopters. He also worked on a
number of RAF fighter types, including Spitfires and Tornadoes, and visited
British and American air bases around the world while in service.

As the youngest Warrant Officer in the RAF, he taught air recon,
intelligence gathering, and the history of flight. He has recently
parlayed his voluminous knowledge of aviation history into work on TV
projects such as the critically acclaimed "Band of Brothers" on HBO
television.
If you have questions about a specific video, click here to contact
Tony directly via email.

Welcome, Tony -- and thanks for your help!

Tony is a marvelous expert in all things aviation, and his cordial presence
has successfully diverted some of the email away from inbox!

(You wouldn't believe the number of really, REALLY knowledgeable people are
out there looking at these aviation videos. I get emails from retired
admirals and generals every day, pointing out tiny little details that most
of us would never have any way of knowing. See the video about the F-100
Super Sabre crash, for instance, to read some great input.)

Strangely enough, while we were posting back and forth, I have received two
new contributions to the page. Jav, better fire up another hard drive!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 24th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Strangely enough, while we were posting back and forth, I have received two
new contributions to the page. Jav, better fire up another hard drive!

The new drive is spinning its bits as I type this, I've had it under
test for the last couple of days. It's been fine, so I'll plug it into
the server over the weekend, and move the entire site to the new system.

Jay, thanks again for the drive contribution.

-jav
Old March 24th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message

In looking at Marco's posts' headers, it appears he posts through a
Newsfeeds.com reseller and your news provider is purposely blocking
Newsfeeds-originating posts.

Giganews (my new Usenet provider, having switched from Newsfeeds a few
months ago) is not, as of yet, blocking Newsfeeds.com posts.

How do you like Giganews? I'd like to switch to one that doesn't keep adding
that annoying tag line at the bottom.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com