Oshkosh Vehicle Camping

Old July 21st 03, 07:01 PM
Jacob Jaks

Default Oshkosh Vehicle Camping

Hello all:

My Jr. Ace is still not done, so in order to visit Oshkosh this year, I'll
have to drive up. We plan on arriving Friday evening and staying in Camp
Scholler through the weekend. From those with experience, do you think it
will be possible to get a camping spot that late in the week? I don't
relish finishing an 18 hour trip by driving aimlessly around Oshkosh at
night looking for a place to sleep. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Jake.

Old July 21st 03, 07:08 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jacob Jaks" wrote in message news:jUVSa.65336$3o3.4354695@bgtnsc05-
I don't
relish finishing an 18 hour trip by driving aimlessly around Oshkosh at
night looking for a place to sleep. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Jake.

I don't think the Scholler ever fills. You just get further and further away
from civilization as the spaces fill up. There's usually a lot of empty slots
visible from the highway.

Old July 21st 03, 10:07 PM
Scott

Jake!

Look me up in the Camp Locator. I'll be at Oshkosh with my Junior Ace.
We will be camping in Camp Scholler. Been there doing that since about
1975...never saw anyone turned away for lack of spots. It gets pretty
full, but I have yet to see it maxed out. Stop by my campsite for a
beer and brat. You will need the following info to use the camp locator
service to find me:

Scott A. Littfin
Bloomer, Wisconsin

Once you get close, start looking for the yellow ParasolAirplanes flag
flying over the campsite...we'll have a black Ford F-150 (no license
plates yet). I am leaving tomorrow for Kitty Hawk (in the Corben!) and
plan to arrive OSH on Tuesday AM the 29th...all weather permitting!

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die!

Old July 22nd 03, 05:23 PM
John Thompson

Jake, if you mean the friday during the show, then you might be lucky
enough to find a spot fairly close to the gates. Maybe.

The one time I arrived on the friday of the show, I was way up on 1st
street, right by the access road. No biggie, just a longer bike ride to
the gate.
But they've never run out of room.

John

Oshkosh images posted!!! Tyson Rininger Aerobatics 0 November 8th 03 12:33 PM
Oshkosh Bound With Ham Radio Jim Weir Home Built 13 July 15th 03 02:35 PM
Need a ride from Milwauke to OshKosh Steve Ruse Home Built 2 July 11th 03 07:40 PM
Ontario to Oshkosh CarlO Home Built 1 July 5th 03 02:05 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Home Built 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM