United Airlines, We put the "Hospital" in "Hospitality"!

Old April 15th 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Petzl

Default United Airlines, We put the "Hospital" in "Hospitality"!

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:43:30 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:

More spin is that four passengers were "randomly" selected?

Yes, it is a computer program that does the selection. Computers do not
make selections for any other reason than what is programmed into them,
and it is very difficult to make that purely random.

Airport Security were called when one Asian refused to voluntarily
comply.

Why should that be any different than if it had been a white female?

Three other Asians complied (not sure of sex)

The Asian media noted all were Chinese Asian, are reacting against to
what is seen by them as being profiled by UA and removed because of
being Asian.

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, however, I do not subscribe to
any Asian newspapers.

neither do I but use "goggle news" which offer translation
https://news.google.com.au/
or Asia
Japan
https://news.google.com.au/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ei=KIurV_OhK4H20gSq1Kb4AQ&ved=0 EKkuCAUoBQ&edchanged=1&ned=jp&authuser=0
china
https://news.google.com.au/nwshp?hl=...=cn&authuser=0
or anywhere

translated link
https://is.gd/MI1yeu
or see yourself
http://diamond.jp/articles/-/124820?page=3

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en

"There was also pointed out that it was discrimination that "everyone
who descended was an Asian" despite selecting a person descending by
lottery in this news report."

"Our" media are not reporting this which has got the Chinese
Government in a flap

UA are concerned because they have had over 30 years of operating
profitably in China.

They need to be concerned for more reasons than that.

China may ban UA from China according to Asian media.
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Old April 15th 17, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Scout[_2_]

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
Petzl wrote in
:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:58:00 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:

Petzl wrote in
news
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:30:47 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote in news:el5f1bFb5krU1
:

To my mind, the proper solution to the overbooking problem is
either to ban it outright (given that it's deliberate, not just a
mistake),

Overbooking is intentional. It is done to try and ensure paying
passengers for all flights.

The plane was full, not over booked.

Not enough is known for me to argue with you. The point is that the
plane was full, airlines can and do overbook to ensure that all seats
are filled.

Everyone was seated, so at the point the plane was full not overbooked
(UA spin).

Perhaps. We don't know if there aother passengers in the terminal that
were not added to the flight. Additionally, when the four airline
employees were added to the manifest, the flight beame "overbooked".

If so, then the "overbooked" passengers that were added at the last minute,
ie the UA employees, should have been the first to be booted per UA own
Contract of Carriage.

After all, check the definitions:

"Oversold Flight means a flight where there are more Passengers holding
valid confirmed Tickets that check-in for the flight within the prescribed
check-in time than there are available seats."

The UE employees were not holding valid confirmed tickets nor did they
check-in for the flight within the prescribed check-in time. Otherwise, all
the seats wouldn't have been filled by boarded passengers. QED.

Their own Contract of Carriage....which is the legally binding
contract....does NOT allow them to act as they did.

More spin is that four passengers were "randomly" selected?

Yes, it is a computer program that does the selection. Computers do not
make selections for any other reason than what is programmed into them,
and it is very difficult to make that purely random.

And yet, 'random' isn't an acceptable manner of selection per their own CoC.

Indeed, here's a nice write up on the whole thing as it concerns United's
contract and whether it violated the terms of that contract.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...requent-flyers

Old April 15th 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
RD Sandman[_2_]

Petzl wrote in
news
wrote:

More spin is that four passengers were "randomly" selected?

Yes, it is a computer program that does the selection. Computers do
not make selections for any other reason than what is programmed into
them, and it is very difficult to make that purely random.

Airport Security were called when one Asian refused to voluntarily
comply.

Why should that be any different than if it had been a white female?

Three other Asians complied (not sure of sex)

Fair enough....you have seen media I have not. Oh, well.....

--

RD Sandman

Airspeed, altitude and brains....two of the three are always
required to complete a mission.

---

Old April 15th 17, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
RD Sandman[_2_]

"Scout" wrote in
news

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
Petzl wrote in
:

wrote:

Petzl wrote in
news
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:30:47 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote in
news:el5f1bFb5krU1 @mid.individual.net:

[...]

I agree, or put on a later flight. UA states a "new" policy where their
employees have to be booked an hour prior to flight time per a paper I
saw this morning.

After all, check the definitions:

No need...the fact that this all came about over comped passenger who
were employees of United Airlines is bad enough. It was a cluster****.

[...]

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-broke-its-con
tract-with-frequent-flyers

Old April 27th 17, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
keithr0

United settle out of court

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ao-settlement/

Old April 28th 17, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Gordon Levi

keithr0 wrote:

United settle out of court

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ao-settlement/

Phil Allison will be disappointed that this was the punishment for
Dao's "serious, illegal act". Most people will be grateful to Dao for
discouraging all airlines from involuntarily evicting passengers
because of overbooking or because they are giving priority to airline
staff.
Old April 28th 17, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Wayne

On 4/27/2017 11:14 PM, Gordon Levi wrote:
keithr0 wrote:

United settle out of court

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ao-settlement/

Phil Allison will be disappointed that this was the punishment for
Dao's "serious, illegal act". Most people will be grateful to Dao for
discouraging all airlines from involuntarily evicting passengers
because of overbooking or because they are giving priority to airline
staff.

Yes indeed.
There is a mindset that after you enter security, everyone else has god
like powers, and you are a helpless captive. That's bull****.
Old April 28th 17, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics

On 27 Apr 2017, Gordon Levi posted some
:

keithr0 wrote:

United settle out of court

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...lines-dao-sett
lement/

Phil Allison will be disappointed that this was the punishment for
Dao's "serious, illegal act". Most people will be grateful to Dao for
discouraging all airlines from involuntarily evicting passengers
because of overbooking or because they are giving priority to airline
staff.

It was high time an airline was slapped down for their arrogant behavior.

Granted there have been some incidents where passengers push the envelope
as well, but the overall flying experience is in the toilet these days.

If it takes an extra 1-2 hours to drive somewhere as opposed to flying, I
drive rather than put up with the unnecessary union thug TSA "security"
crap. Those people are a ****ing useless joke.

Seriously. Why should I have to be at the airport checking in two hours
before a one hour up-state flight? It takes another hour to deplane and
get your bags, then you have to get a car anyway. There's another half
hour or more.

The odds are pretty good you're going to get a cold or flu from some sick
jerk on the dirty plane as well too. The planes are filthy.

It's just not worth the hassle unless you absolutely must fly. The
airline industry has shived their own product.

Another pet peeve is flying across country at a little over 400 knots when
the plane can fly much faster. You can see planes even dip below 400 in
places where there is plenty of open sky. No excuse for that. They are
engaging in "fuel saving" practices at the expense of your paid for time.

Old April 29th 17, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Petzl

keithr0 wrote:

[...]

Planes are not filthy?
https://youtu.be/wIQlkzgeZ5s