Cherokee 6 Question

Old February 28th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 6 Question

Our company is considering a Cherokee 6 and I have a quick question. Which
models had the club seating?

Old February 28th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The ones with the middle seats facing backwards :-)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Reminds me of the following story:

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces
height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts,
"Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says, "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet
above this field. " "You must be an engineer", says the balloonist. "I am",
replies the man. "How did you know?" "Well", says the balloonist,
"everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to
anyone."

The man below says, "You must be in management." "I am", replies the
balloonist, "but how did you know?" "Well", says the man, "you don't know
where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help.
You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."

All that being said, I not sure if you can determine club seating
based on the model and year. Seems like Piper offered club
seating as an option, so depending on how the aircraft was ordered,
if may have club or conventional seating. I'm just other more knowledgable
of the Piper line will have more useful information.

Ronnie

Old February 28th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
Our company is considering a Cherokee 6 and I have a quick question. Which
models had the club seating?

I don't know if they indicated the seating arrangment in the model number.

Old March 1st 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Our company is considering a Cherokee 6 and I have a quick question. Which
models had the club seating?

The flying club I am in has had both models.
The 1972 PA32-300 had the straight ahead seating.
The 1978 PA32-300 has the club seating arrangement.
Old March 1st 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"John Doe" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
Our company is considering a Cherokee 6 and I have a quick question.
Which models had the club seating?

I don't know if they indicated the seating arrangment in the model number.

It's beginning to look like it was an option available on both models and
many years. I was just hoping for an easier way to track it down thanks.

Old March 1st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
Our company is considering a Cherokee 6 and I have a quick question.
Which models had the club seating?

I don't know if they indicated the seating arrangment in the model number.

It's beginning to look like it was an option available on both models and
many years. I was just hoping for an easier way to track it down thanks.

An aviation broker told me that 1978 and later PA32-300's came with club
seating, when I was shopping for one some years back.

-jav