Zoom

Old April 20th 05, 05:05 PM
Corky Scott

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:52:30 GMT, "LCT Paintball"
wrote:

From what I've learned it takes 2 things to build an airplane. Time, and
money. At this stage in my life I don't have an abundance of either one.
Maybe in 10 years when I get some of these kids raised....

Or, you could start, and just keep at it for 15 years like me.

Corky (going for longest buildtime) Scott

Old April 20th 05, 07:47 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article bGy7e.14668$Bb3.291@attbi_s22, John Ousterhout says...

Richard Riley wrote:

John, if you read this - I have several pictures of Zoom being
escorted from the SnF grounds by police. Would you have space at
Zoomland to post them?

I've received the photos and posted them along with a summary and some
links: http://www.ousterhout.net/zoom/zoomjection.html

Those photos were taken in front of my booth and I'm in 3 of them along with
zoom. He was telling me that he was run over by a SnF tram and other assorted
tales of woe. I enjoyed watching Lakeland's finest escorting him off the
premises:-)

I just got back from SnF this AM and must sadly report that my $100.00 reward
for anyone spotting zoom and notifying me or SnF security went unclaimed. My new
"ANN free zone" sign was a big hit and I had a nice conversation with Kevin O
Brian.I missed John Ballentine when he was at the booth because I was with a
customer in my trailer so I couldn't say Hi.

Some of the RAH-15 stopped in I heard that zoom had filed some lawsuits against
2 vendors at the show. Bet he did his usual AD contract rip off. I'm going to
contact the 2 companies and see if they could use some background on zoom .

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Old April 20th 05, 07:50 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...
Each time he's been ejected he's claimed that someone from SnF has run
him over (with a golf cart in one case, and the garbage tractor in the
other) and that he had serious physical injuries. That was without
any actual physical contact.

I think the term used at the time about his "injuries" was "more drama then
trauma" :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Old April 20th 05, 08:00 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dude says...

I figure that SnF has let it go.. They would be happy leaving it as status
quo- i.e. no zoom at SnF. Zoom's the one who can't give it up.

My guess is that SnF would probably drop the ban if Zoom behaved nicely
for a few years and stopped publishing the annual series of anti-SnF
pieces. Today's selection was pitiful at best, with ANN taking plenty of
implied shots at SnF just in the tone of their articles.

KB

Unless you don't believe the ANN story about them taping multiple copies of
the ban to the door of the ANN office, then you can't believe they have
dropped it. Even if the story is embellished, it would be best for them to
use a process server or professional delivery service rather than tape.

I think there is plenty of anymosity on both sides, and if SnF were to let
it go, they would simply let Zoom have his press pass and let him in to rant
and rave however he sees fit. Better yet, keep him under unobtrusive
surveillance so that if he starts any fights with anyone they have all the
evidence they need to throw him out and deny him entrance forever.

I met Zoom not too long ago, and frankly, I found him to be a rather meek
and nerdy kind of guy. I bet I could raise his blood pressure with a stern
look.

The experience put the lie to both his self promoted test pilot image as
well as many stores about his behavior. He did seem the type that would
hide behind a lawyer though, so I can believe those tales. I understand he
did a good job of ruining some businesses, and I can't blame anyone for
taking action for being so maligned. Unfortunately, everyone who reads his
reviews hasn't had a chance to meet him.

Old April 20th 05, 08:25 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Russell Kent says...

As a card-carrying "nerd" who has met Chuck, I doubt anyone would ever
classify Chuck as a "nerdy kind of guy." "Someone entirely too enamored of
all things Polish" perhaps. :-)

Actually I'm a closet nerd and was outed this week at SnF. I left my pocket
protector resplendent with 2 drafting pencils,matching ball point pen ,a 6" SS
rule and 2 magic markers ,one red one black out in the open and I was quickly
found out.It's amazing how fast one can be exposed LOL!!!

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret.

Old April 20th 05, 08:44 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article CPX8e.25696$d43.10782@lakeread03, Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired says

Hey Dan,

Yawn said:
He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he went in,
and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures, interviewed
him, etc.

Hmm ...not banned? No Press credientials were provided so he had to take
advantage of a bungle in the ticket office to buy a ticket and get in ,then he
stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before the cops came. Sounds
like he knew he wasn't a VIP at SNF. Oh the dashing young Dr Campbell is now a
fearless investigative reporter ,Oops, I mean kinda fearless ,ah...maybe a bit
fearful, well actually he's a coward, but he investigates err sorta
investigates...ah in reality he mostly fabricates his reporting. Did I mention
that this is all in my own humble opinion? :-)

Bet Ousterhout won't publish those.

I bet he would if jaun would send them to John or better yet send them to me
LOL!!I'll make sure the Judge that did the papers gets them :-)

Yawn, I was just giving you a chance to change your mind. I posted them
in A.B.P.A if you care to look. I'll let other people decide what they
actually show.

If he's not banned then why didn't he show up at SnF??

Chuck S RAH 15/1 ret oops I mean RAH 14/1 ret

Old April 20th 05, 11:06 PM
Juan Jimenez

Yawn said:
He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he went in,
and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures,
interviewed
him, etc.

Hmm ...not banned? No Press credientials were provided so he had to take
advantage of a bungle in the ticket office to buy a ticket and get in

Wrong again, as usual. He was told he would not be given press credentials
and could buy a ticket to get in like everyone else. It's all documented,
the general media took pictures, video and wrote about the entire incident.

then he stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before the
cops came.

Wrong yet again. He went all over the show, and I was with him. We all
thoroughly enjoyed the reaction of people at the show when he would show up
at booths and display areas.

You still haven't figured out how to shut your trap when you don't have a
clue. Figures.

Old April 21st 05, 01:19 AM
Matt Whiting

Yawn said:

He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he went in,

and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures,
interviewed
him, etc.

Hmm ...not banned? No Press credientials were provided so he had to take
advantage of a bungle in the ticket office to buy a ticket and get in

Wrong again, as usual. He was told he would not be given press credentials
and could buy a ticket to get in like everyone else. It's all documented,
the general media took pictures, video and wrote about the entire incident.

then he stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before the
cops came.

Wrong yet again. He went all over the show, and I was with him. We all
thoroughly enjoyed the reaction of people at the show when he would show up
at booths and display areas.

You really enjoy the "look what idiot showed up" reaction? :-)

Matt
Old April 21st 05, 01:33 AM
LCT Paintball

Or, you could start, and just keep at it for 15 years like me.

Corky (going for longest buildtime) Scott

How far along are you?

Old April 21st 05, 01:35 AM
UltraJohn

Corky Scott wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:52:30 GMT, "LCT Paintball"
wrote:

From what I've learned it takes 2 things to build an airplane. Time, and
money. At this stage in my life I don't have an abundance of either one.
Maybe in 10 years when I get some of these kids raised....

Or, you could start, and just keep at it for 15 years like me.

Corky (going for longest buildtime) Scott

Naw Corky I'm giving you a run for your money! I've been working on my KR-2
for 13 years so far and am at least .05% done!
John

Zoom for Free Quilljar Simulators 2 January 17th 05 05:57 PM
new URL for the Captain Zoom web page John Ousterhout Home Built 20 August 23rd 04 02:11 AM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 02:50 AM