Rubber stamp???

Old January 26th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Rubber stamp???

Ours looked the same way, so I went through each one and stapled the loose
items to the pages that contained the additional info. I can turn to the
page, then fold open the additional sheets, read the entry that is under the
sheet, then fold the sheet back up so it doesn't interfere with anything or
fall out. I also covered some of the older "sticker entries" with clear
packing tape.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
The only time I ever give an A&P my books is for annual. If he needs
the books he can call me and I'll bring them but I just got tired of
paying for a guy to spend an hour reading the logs before changing a
tire. After work I ask for a sticker and take it home and put it in the
book myself. My log books are full of paperclipped stuff all over the
plane (since before I bought the plane). I have to hold the books very
carefully to prevent stuff from falling out.

-Robert

Old January 27th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

so I went through each one and stapled the loose items to the pages that contained the additional info.

I should do that. Since I filled up the log book and have been working
of a new book for the last couple of years, the only time I ever even
open the old book is during annual. However, I should fix it up nice.
It will probably look good someday when I go to sell the plane too.

-Robert

Old January 28th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

They used to be advertised all over a few years ago, now I can't find one
anywhere.

Using Word, I made up a page of stickers for oil/filter changes. I keep
them with the logbooks, and peel & stick as needed.

As someone else mentioned, I don't know if they'll stick forever -- but
there's always clear tape...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 28th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The address labels we had ten or fifteen years ago had rather poor glue ...
they were intended to get the letter or parcel to its destination in a few
days or weeks and were not intended to last decades.

Today's stuff, especially kept flat and dry in a logbook, away from heat and
light, will still be stuck when the airplane is melted down for beer cans in
the NEXT century.

Jim