Mxx Observation

Old December 6th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

Default Mxx Observation

Reading MXx's responses to our answers, ****ed me off a bit, and I began
to wonder why.

Somewhere I got the idea that if I didn't know something, and asked
someone who did, I might actually profit from respectfully listening to
their answer. While I might have some further questions, my original
ignorance pretty much precludes my disregarding the answer all together,
and/or telling the person I first asked, that he doesn't know ****. This
became more pronounced after I scared the crap out of myself a couple of
times.

Although Pilots in general are a pretty confident lot, they are aware
that they can get seriously killed doing this, and are actually pretty
humble in the face of "New Knowledge" or "Mother Nature". They generally
treat someone who has "Been there, Done that, and survived" with a little
respect. None of this applies to Mx...... He has no actual experience, has
never been scared, and has acquired no humility. Were I his instructor, he
would be my number 1 pick to go bump in the night. Since my students and I
fly actual aircraft in a real world, normally this is a self solving
situation. Natural selection seems to work, and when I am faced with a
trainee that has become "a legend in his own mind", I don't normally have to
listen to his crap for very long.

I used to wonder where the French came by the stereotype of Arrogant,
Ignorant, Self righteous, Pompous, frogs. With these exchanges, I have
accepted the "New Knowledge" offered, and I no longer wonder. What an
ambassador.

Al G

Old December 6th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Al G" wrote in message

[...]

Uh, Al...

He's an ex-patriot American...

FYI...

Jay B

Old December 6th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Al G" wrote in message

[...]

Well, it looks like he found a home.

Al G

Old December 6th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Al G" wrote in message
Al G

Uh, Al...

He's an ex-patriot American...

Ummm... expatriate, not ex-patriot

--
Matt
---------------------

Old December 6th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Al G" wrote in message
Al G

Uh, Al...

He's an ex-patriot American...

Ummm... expatriate, not ex-patriot

--
Matt

Umm, thanks...

Jay B

Old December 6th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

"Al G" wrote in message
Al G

Uh, Al...

He's an ex-patriot American...

Ummm... expatriate, not ex-patriot

--
Matt

Umm, thanks...

Actually, in Anthony's case both might be correct.

rg

----
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it.
-- Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Old December 6th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jules

Al G wrote:

He has no actual experience, has
never been scared, and has acquired no humility.

Kids. Go figure.

Old December 7th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
CRaSH

Al G wrote:
Reading MXx's responses to our answers, ****ed me off a bit, and I
began to wonder why.

Over at the sim group a newbie has nothing but adoration for Mx, almost
virtual toe sucking. He even "pings" Mx for advice since they 'happen' to
have the same payware addon! Now, what are the odds of nearly identical
paths, newsreaders, etc., between two users, on two groups, talking to one
another?? You decide! (eBay would call it being a "shill" for a buyer)

From: Matt

Newsgroups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

Subject: Where can I buy....

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:57:45 -0800

==================================

From: Mxsmanic

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting

Subject: MS Flight Sim As a Training Tool (head tracking device)

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 22:49:46 +0100

Old December 7th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"CRaSH" wrote in message
Over at the sim group a newbie has nothing but adoration for Mx, almost
virtual toe sucking. He even "pings" Mx for advice since they 'happen' to
have the same payware addon! Now, what are the odds of nearly identical
paths, newsreaders, etc., between two users, on two groups, talking to one
another?? You decide! (eBay would call it being a "shill" for a buyer)

Let's assume for a moment that anyone here really even cares.

So, how many messages have you found posted by "Matt "
that share path information with Mxsmanic? I took a few moments to look at
various messages, and the only one I saw that did have the same apparent
similarities was the one you're mentioning now.

There are a variety of explanations for the similarity, many of which have
nothing to do with one person impersonating another.

Of course, even if he is, so what? There's no authentication on Usenet.
Any of us could be practically anyone. If by some miracle the person who
posts as Mxsmanic is also posting as someone else *and* without causing the
same problems he does as Mxsmanic, I'd think we should be grateful. Time
spent as his alter-ego is time NOT spent causing problems.

And if both apparent people share the same personality traits, then again
there's no issue. After all, one can just as easily ignore two people as
they can just one.

Frankly, I find this obsession with the guy unhealthy. If you don't like
him, then just ignore him. Threads *about* him are nearly as annoying as he
is himself, and just as useless. As for cross-checking message headers,
that's about as close to the definition of "obsessive" as I think a person
could get without consulting a dictionary.

Pete

Old December 7th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"CRaSH" wrote in message
Now, what are the odds of nearly identical paths, newsreaders, etc.,
between two users, on two groups, talking to one another?? You decide!
(eBay would call it being a "shill" for a buyer)

At least he changed his timezone.

OSH observation Dan Luke Piloting 12 August 1st 06 10:00 AM
Observation LWG Piloting 8 June 16th 05 09:46 PM
Observation Squadron 7 19 Star BB Naval Aviation 2 March 24th 05 03:33 AM
SeeYou - "Calculate minimum distance to next observation zone" Tom Soaring 2 May 18th 04 02:01 PM