Instructor Effectiveness

Old September 16th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Instructor Effectiveness

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Absolutely. As in "You are a perfect fjukkwit"

Bertie

Same old worn out stupidity,
same old worn out cross post,
same old retarded wanna be, eh Buttlipps?

Old September 18th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

a wrote:
[snip]

The other alternative for a student is much more effective: "You're
fired." It is not used enough,not just with CFIs but with MDs and
others

Oh yes, I've done that. I walked into a physician's office once (referral
for dermatology issue) who immediately introduced himself as
"hello darlin', I'm Doctor xxx"

At which point, I replied, "Hello Fred (not his real first name), I'm
Doctor YYY". Needless to say, he was rather taken aback and all of
a sudden I'm no longer "darlin'"

Not only did he not correctly diagnose the problem, what he did
prescribe was ineffective (turns out I'm allergic to lanolin which
means wool and just about every lotion out there).

As for swearing, there's probably very little I haven't heard, since
my professional career has been mostly aerospace/aviation with a
healthy dose of field geologists. On the other hand, I truly believe
that if you can't discuss someone's heritage, parentage and destination
in your native language (or other of choice) without resorting to
single syllabic words, you really don't have a good command of the
language. For those who didn't read it in high school, go find a copy
of Cyrano de Bergerac and check out the party scene (early in the
book). That's how to insult someone.

And Rocky - concerning the other CFIs who get "mentioned" on evals
for swearing...it's all based on personality. You obviously can get
away with it.

And remember folks, Rocky's dealing with Type A+ personalities in the
military. These are "super bad dudes" in the privacy of the locker room
and outside, Gentlemen (the males) by act of congress.

I've taught at the Navy PostGrad school - in class, the aviators are
the most gracious. At the parties, after a few beers, defintely different.

Old September 18th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Moore

Blanche wrote
And remember folks, Rocky's dealing with Type A+ personalities in the
military. These are "super bad dudes" in the privacy of the locker
room and outside, Gentlemen (the males) by act of congress.

Why bless you "Darlin'", I've never really thought of myself in those
terms. You've given me a whole new image of myself.
Can't wait to tell the grandkids....

Bob Moore
Naval Aviator 15753
Old September 21st 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Isaksen

"Blanche" wrote ...
And remember folks, Rocky's dealing with Type A+ personalities
in the military. These are "super bad dudes" in the privacy of the
locker room and outside, Gentlemen (the males) by act of congress.

"Gentlemen by Act of Congress"

Wow, what a great snipit of wisdom for wall at the BAQ.

Thanks.