Flying Magazine?

Old September 16th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

Default Flying Magazine?

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote in message
Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
It seemed to me I
was reading the same ol same ol with a lot of hype for the advertisers
and their products. But, I started to lose interest when the cost of a
simple single engine airplane went for more than I make in 5 years!

I know the feeling. I used to subscribe to most of the aviation mags,
but
after a decade or so, I found myself reading the same old rehashed
articles.
How many times can you read the annual "Watch out for density altitude"
articles in the spring and the "Preheating your airplane" articles every
fall.
I dropped everything except the AOPA mag that comes with the membership.
don't think I've missed much.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Don't you get Pipers magazine too

Marco

Old September 16th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Lou" wrote in message
Does anyone here read Flying magazine? I got an offer from them for 9
issues for $7. Is that a good deal? Is it worth reading? Has it always
been just 9 issues or is this their way of cutting cost?
Lou

I really like the magazine. I got a similar 3-year deal. I think mine was
between $20-$30 for three years so it was a no-brainer. While they do have
articles on flying business jets, they also have many relevant articles for
the spam-can drivers. I even find Mac's columns to be highly relevant to
typical GA despite his propensity to do all the business jet aircraft
reviews. He regularly flies a Baron out of HPN and many of his columns are
based off those experiences.

I find that it has a pretty good mix of all types of flying as evidenced by
the disparate backgrounds of their columnists. It's one of the few mags I
read cover-to-cover every month.

Marco

Old September 20th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Patty

I've been enjoying a FREE 12-month subscription thru a CC deal. I have
not been around craft , ATC, or a sub to Flying in over 20 years. My oh
my, how technology has changed. And I mean---much more complicated with
the avionics for navigation and weather INTERPRETATION. I don't think I
could just hop in a rental single and just go fly unless the plane is 1970's
or older. Flying magazine is an excellent source for those out of the
loop, to realize how much u don't know about all the fancy stuff. So, I
say it's no just the same-o, same-o

Marco Leon wrote:

Don't you get Pipers magazine too

Hehe! Good catch, Marco. I never really thought of that as a real
magazine.
After all, they had my plane on the cover once :-)))

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old September 22nd 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

They couldn't pay me to read their rag. Actually a few years ago they
did pay me a dollar to answer a survey. I kept the dollar and tossed
the survey.
--
Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is
opinion.

FLYING magazine safety article Bob Korves Soaring 27 June 30th 05 01:07 PM
Flying Magazine Subscriptions Trial Offer Keith Aviation Marketplace 0 July 1st 04 05:24 PM
Flying Magazine Subscriptions Trial Offer Keith Aviation Marketplace 0 April 26th 04 07:52 PM
Dumping Flying Magazine Dave Piloting 68 April 12th 04 01:57 AM
Aug. Soaring Magazine (USA) Nolaminar Soaring 6 August 2nd 03 01:54 AM