AOPA Twin Comanche

Old December 5th 04, 05:14 AM
zatatime

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:26:55 GMT, john smith wrote:

How about a Champ or a Cub and include a wind generator ($600) between
the gear legs, a Garmin GPS296 with RAM mount ($1800) and a handheld
comm and antenna ($500)? This would have affordable taxes and qualify in
the new Sport Aircraft catagory so even those without a medical could
still fly it.

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Blasphemous! Just as the thuoght of revamping a 195 with modern
stuff is.

Old December 5th 04, 05:24 AM
aluckyguess

I woud keep it and sell the 180 to pay the taxes. That is a nice plane.
"Dan Luke" wrote in message
Keep it, sell the Cutlass to pay the tax bill. That's a helluva nice
travelin' airplane.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old December 5th 04, 05:44 AM
Jay Beckman

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
Just wondering what you guys would do with that sweepstakes airplane if
Phil
called you up and told you it was yours.

Keep or sell?

www.Rosspilot.com

Sell it and use the $$$ toward a Garmin 1000 Skyhawk.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ
Still nowhere to go but up!

Old December 5th 04, 03:26 PM
Gary

I believe that the Quebec provincial government will not allow any Quebec
resident to participate in a lottery or contest that is not endorsed or
originates in said province!

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert writes:

AOPA's 2004 Win-A-Twin Sweepstakes is open to all individuals who
legally reside in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and
Canada (except the Province of Quebec) age 21 years or older as of the
date of entry."

Why the Quebec exclusion?

Old December 5th 04, 04:52 PM
John T

I'd have to sell it. I'm still working on finishing my private ticket.
To make the jump from a newly minted pilot to a twin rating is a very
large leap. And I don't even want to think of what the insurance would
be like, if I could even get it!

Den dere's dem taxes....

Say...would that 5K of gas be on a card or something? maybe keep that!

I'd buy me a bearhawk kit, or used certified single, like a 182 or
something.

As for future planes...yes, something simple would be nice. I'm sure
they can find a high time basket case 172 or something that would
produce good series of articles!
Or why not just go and buy a new sport pilot plane?!?

John

Old December 5th 04, 05:28 PM
G.R. Patterson III

John T wrote:

Or why not just go and buy a new sport pilot plane?!?

Then they wouldn't get a series of articles out of it. Reading about buying a
new plane isn't exciting enough to justify even one article.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 5th 04, 08:27 PM
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

Garmin 1000 Skyhawk.

Now there's a gruesome combination of old and new gd&r

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 6th 04, 04:17 AM
Jay Beckman

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Jay,

Garmin 1000 Skyhawk.

Now there's a gruesome combination of old and new gd&r

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thomas,

They say that nothing succeeds like success.

I figure if you marry a reliable airframe (Skyhawk) with the best avionics
(ok, the jury may still be out on this...) you are putting a plus with a
plus.

I don't need (nor want) to get anywhere at near the speed of sound at some
unbeliveably high flight level.

All I would be looking for is a reliable aircraft and a system by which I
can garner the most information regarding my heading, altitude and airspeed
in as easy a manner as possible.

Know the pilot, know the mission. Hence, the Garmin 1000 equipped Skyhawk.

Jay B

Old December 6th 04, 07:08 PM
Journeyman

In article s3Rsd.132645$SW3.79999@fed1read01, Jay Beckman wrote:

I don't need (nor want) to get anywhere at near the speed of sound at some
unbeliveably high flight level.

All I would be looking for is a reliable aircraft and a system by which I
can garner the most information regarding my heading, altitude and airspeed
in as easy a manner as possible.

Know the pilot, know the mission. Hence, the Garmin 1000 equipped Skyhawk.

Sure you say that now, but you may eventually find yourself wanting to go
20% or 30% faster, or carrying more than 2 people with full fuel.

Your mission will change over time.

Morris
Old December 6th 04, 09:34 PM
Jay Beckman

"Journeyman" wrote in message
. ..
In article s3Rsd.132645$SW3.79999@fed1read01, Jay Beckman wrote:

I don't need (nor want) to get anywhere at near the speed of sound at
some
unbeliveably high flight level.

All I would be looking for is a reliable aircraft and a system by which I
can garner the most information regarding my heading, altitude and
airspeed
in as easy a manner as possible.

Know the pilot, know the mission. Hence, the Garmin 1000 equipped
Skyhawk.

Sure you say that now, but you may eventually find yourself wanting to go
20% or 30% faster, or carrying more than 2 people with full fuel.

Your mission will change over time.

Morris

Morris,

Fair enough, but the OP said if I won the AOPA Twin today...

Today, my mission criteria still stand. Over time is a relative
term...we'll see where it leads!

;O)

Jay B