hysol ea9410 - current equivelant?

Old December 25th 03, 05:18 PM
patrick mitchel

Default hysol ea9410 - current equivelant?

I have a tin of hysol ea 9410 that I picked up form light miniature aircraft
at least 10 yr ago and the base resin is pretty thick- have to put in
boiling water to thin enough to extricate from the can . Was used to bond
metal together at room temp. 9410 is not at the loctite (current maker of
hysol) website. the stuff a grey-yellow with a brown (smelly) hardener.
Anyone know what the current equivelent is?
TIA Pat

Old December 25th 03, 05:57 PM
Dale Larsen

Pat,
A google search yields the following from ASS:

"This new and improved Hysol glue replaces the old EA-9410-2 glue. EA-9430
has the same characteristics as the EA-9410, but has a 50 minute pot life
instead of the 30 minute pot life of the EA-9410 at 77°F. Used extensively
in the Strojnik S2A sailplane and many other homebuilts."

Merry Christmas!

Old December 26th 03, 05:15 AM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, "Dale Larsen" wrote:

EA-9430...

Yup, that's the stuff. After they stopped making the EA9410, everybody
including the HP glider bulders switched to EA9430.

And, by the way, these days it's a Locktite product.

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com