LXNAV V3 Issues

Old December 8th 13, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support.

Thanks ... kk
Old December 8th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 9:04:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support.

Thanks ... kk

I bought one of the first units that came to US. I flew with it last season along ClearNav variometer. I must say it is a very good variometer at a really low price. The variometer also allows to change the scale, very helpful in weak condition.

The only issue I had with it was setting up altimeter before the flight it takes way to many rotations to set it. I finally decided not to show the altimeter as a result and display STF instead.

You will be very happy with this variometer.

"AK"

Old December 8th 13, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:52:22 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 9:04:09 AM UTC-5, wrote: Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support. Thanks ... kk I bought one of the first units that came to US. I flew with it last season along ClearNav variometer. I must say it is a very good variometer at a really low price. The variometer also allows to change the scale, very helpful in weak condition. The only issue I had with it was setting up altimeter before the flight it takes way to many rotations to set it. I finally decided not to show the altimeter as a result and display STF instead. You will be very happy with this variometer. "AK"

AK

If you push and use rotary switch a the same time will increase the altitude in larger incruments.

4.2 Rotary Switch
The one rotary switch/knob with integrated pushbutton function can control all functions on LXNAV V3. The rotary switch moves up or down through the menus. Variables can also be changed using the switch. Pushing the button at the same time as rotating will step the values in larger increments.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 8th 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

How did the V3 and the ClearNav vario compare?

I am debating between the V7 and the Clear Nav vario.

Gust filtering is of particular importance to me, along with overall function.

Thanks

Kevin
192
92
Old December 9th 13, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

The V3 and V7 are completely different beasts so you can't really compare them. The V7 includes accelerometers and the newest Ver 3 firmware uses these for gust filtering. The feedback I have heard from V7 users is that it is an outstanding vario, particularly with the new firmware.

The V3 is a great basic vario. The connections are simple, 4 screws, two wires and a TE tube connection and you are done. As long as your TE system is working properly the vario does it's job.

Dave Springford
www.foxonecorp.com
Old December 9th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:16:24 PM UTC-8, Dave Springford wrote:
The V3 and V7 are completely different beasts so you can't really compare them. The V7 includes accelerometers and the newest Ver 3 firmware uses these for gust filtering. The feedback I have heard from V7 users is that it is an outstanding vario, particularly with the new firmware.

The V3 is a great basic vario. The connections are simple, 4 screws, two wires and a TE tube connection and you are done. As long as your TE system is working properly the vario does it's job.

Dave Springford

www.foxonecorp.com

I agree with Dave. I have been flying with a PowerFlarm - V7 - Ultimate Le for several years. The V7 is an excellent vario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 9th 13, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Monday, December 9, 2013 6:16:35 AM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:16:24 PM UTC-8, Dave Springford wrote:

The V3 and V7 are completely different beasts so you can't really compare them. The V7 includes accelerometers and the newest Ver 3 firmware uses these for gust filtering. The feedback I have heard from V7 users is that it is an outstanding vario, particularly with the new firmware.

The V3 is a great basic vario. The connections are simple, 4 screws, two wires and a TE tube connection and you are done. As long as your TE system is working properly the vario does it's job.

Dave Springford

www.foxonecorp.com

I agree with Dave. I have been flying with a PowerFlarm - V7 - Ultimate Le for several years. The V7 is an excellent vario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

Woops the Ytube shows an LX1600, current vario in the panel is a V7. The V7 is next to a Butterfly vario they are very similar in response.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimates.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old December 9th 13, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:42:47 PM UTC-5, Richard wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the information and for selling me the unit. I must say I was so happy with the V3 I bought another LX Nav product.
Old December 9th 13, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

I have a LXNAV V3 vario in my panel. It is a fantastic digital TE vario that can be configured in many different ways.
On the Main screen you can show Altitude, Speed to fly, Battery power, Averager.
On the warm up page you can set Mc Cready, Bugs, Ballast. The Vario also has your polar in it. It creates a logbook of all your flights!
The digital pressure sensor takes data more than 100 times per second.
Internal speaker.
Anti reflective coated glass.
Works at 6 - 16 volts' which means when everything goes dead in your ship it probably will still work.
Easy to install and use.
Hooked up to a good TE source it works perfect.

Craggy Aero has the manual on his web page, look into it and you will be impressed on the capabilities of this high quality inexpensive vario.

One aspect I really like is the color screen; when you get up in the shade at cloudbase, it is beautiful to look at.

Great support from LXNAV and Craggy Aero.
Nick
Old December 9th 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

I have been flying with the V7 for about 200h now, the last 100h was
done with the inertial dampening enabled. I have experience with LX5000
(approx 600h) and CAI302 (approx 200h),in my opinion the V7 with the
latest firmware is heads above either of those two (I liked the LX5000
but sold it with my old ship, I could not get used to the 302 so
installed the V7).

The biggest advantage that I have found is that the vario now matches
what I feel in the seat of my pants 99% of the time were as before I
would sometimes get conflicting inputs, this has reduced the amount of
"tries" and improved my confidence in selecting thermals. Additionally
I really like the SC Mixed option for audio (STF audio while in sink and
Vario audio while in lift regardless of Cruise/Climb setting) the FLARM
radar when connected to a FLARM and a threat is detected is a nice
addition. I find that the audio tones and needle movement are pleasant
and intuitive.

Unfortunately I can't compare to CnV or Butterfly as I have not flown
with either of those units.

Luke Szczepaniak

On 12/08/2013 5:49 PM, wrote:
How did the V3 and the ClearNav vario compare?

I am debating between the V7 and the Clear Nav vario.

Gust filtering is of particular importance to me, along with overall function.

Thanks

Kevin
192
92

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
LXNAV Flarmview [email protected] Soaring 2 September 29th 13 01:47 AM
New vario by LXNAV [email protected] Soaring 6 May 22nd 13 11:15 PM
LXNAV flarmMouse DC[_5_] Soaring 15 January 11th 13 06:26 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 12:31 AM