George Patton Jr is not George Patton III

Old January 31st 04, 11:18 PM
BUFDRVR

I don't recall ever saying anything about being bothered.

Well, your post seemed to portray someone upset, I apologize if that was not
the case.

Art has something concrete to
offer through his personal experiences.

I agree, however when he intentionally besmirches the service of anyone outside
of the European Theater 1942-1946, it diminishes anything worthy he might have
to say.

but the fact remains, "he was there" and we were not!

Yeah, we all know, Art will never let you forget it. The problem is, Art thinks
his personal experience trumps anyone else on this ng, or any source they may
offer. Its clear Art has done very little research into the CBO as he is unable
to discuss, with any depth, any of the issues. Any discussion with Art, usually
ends up with; "well you're wrong because I was there", which doesn't work.
Someday someone will write a good book on Operation IRAQI FREEDOM and I'll be
the first one in line to buy it, because "I was there" meant that I was busy
24/7 and that one month of my life is a complete blur. Unfortunately for Art,
he can't admit that decades of research are more relevant than "I was there".

I meant to ask you if you ever came across a BUFF driver by the name of Gary
Lundberg.

Hmm, PCS'd to KMIB in 1997? The name doesn't ring a bell, I'll have to ask a
BUFF RN I work with who was stationed at Minot.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old February 1st 04, 12:06 AM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

Is the information you are posting from your personal combat experiences?

So, you're saying you have a right to be stupid because you went to a war?

Old February 1st 04, 12:16 AM
Moose

Hi BUFDRVR

I don't recall ever saying anything about being bothered. Actually I find
it for the most part, highly entertaining. Nothing anyone says or does is
going to change Art's opnions, so why bother? Unlike some nameless
pretendtobes and wannabes who frequent RAM, Art has something concrete to
offer through his personal experiences. I do not always agree with Art.
Sure he can be casutic and his pig headedness just a bit too much to handle
at times, but the fact remains, "he was there" and we were not! Even if f
you ignore everything he says about post-war military aviation, Art still
makes a valuable contribution to this site.

I meant to ask you if you ever came across a BUFF driver by the name of Gary
Lundberg. We served in the same unit together (722nd SUS) seven years ago.
I lost track of him after he PCS'd to Minot.

Old February 1st 04, 01:46 AM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

It's not how long you served. It is what you did while serving.

You read that on the back of your laxative?

Old February 1st 04, 01:55 AM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

The one thing that drives me up a wall and causes me to lose my temper is when
I get lectured on "what it was really like up there" by guys who never flew
anything and never fired a shot in anger.

Then you say something stupid, like General Patton III never existed.

Old February 1st 04, 05:06 AM
Kevin Brooks

Subject: George Patton Jr is not George Patton III
From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 1/31/04 11:28 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Kevin Brooks"

Date: 1/31/04 10:07 AM Pacific Standard Time

"Dave Holford" wrote in message
.. .

ArtKramr wrote:

How how hell would you know., You never led men anywhere.

Just out of idle curiosity, since this off topic thread seems likely

continue, where and when did you lead men into combat? From what I

have
seen of your postings your most common reference to leadership seems

have been "I did as I was told."

Compared to BUFDRVR who, IIRC, has indeed "led men into combat" as an

AC.
Art continues to baffle and dismay.

Brooks

Dave

Since you did nothing you are out of the loop.

LOL! I have served more years in uniform than you did. What a fool.

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

It's not how long you served. It is what you did while serving. Tell us

about
your 20 years behind a desk in Ohio.

The only military duty I ever did in Ohio was to serve as the OIC of the
burial detail for a young soldier from the 3rd Ranger Battalion who had
wrapped his car around a telephone pole, leaving behind his wife pregnant
with their first (only) child. You do pick lousy examples for your snide and
off-target barbs, don't you? You are one sad sack of fecal matter,
regardless of your service during WWII.

Brooks

Arthur Kramer