meeting net.friends IRL

Old April 22nd 05, 04:11 AM
Journeyman

Default meeting net.friends IRL

Last weekend, we decided to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary,
by flying down to D.C. to see the still-new flight musueum. Very
worthwhile for anyone with any interest in aviation.

I pinged Ron & Margy and despite their busy schedule was able to get
together with them. For those paying attention, Margy has the coolest
job in the country.

It was great to finally meet them. I've been active in r.a.* for
about 8 years and have "known" Ron & Margy almost as long, but have
never until now met them In Real Life.

Counting Ron & Margy, I've met less than a dozen people around here.
Looking forward to doubling that number next month on my first trip
to P'ville and have a tentative date to see Bob Barker some time this
summer. Missed meeting Jay Honeck last summer due to an inconvenient
line of Thunderstorms, but might get another chance this year if
plans work
out.

I'm currently based at White Plains, NY and I know there are a number
of regulars in the area. Is there any interest in a once a month
Sunday Brunch fly-in? We can select different places in the NE each
month. The restaurant at KSWF serves amazing chocolate chip pancakes,
so that would be a good place to start next month.

Morris
Old April 22nd 05, 03:00 PM

Morris,
We are based at KPOU. A once a month Sunday Brunch fly-in sounds
great.

Hai & Rick Longworth

Old April 22nd 05, 04:15 PM
Jack Allison

Journeyman wrote:
Last weekend, we decided to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary,
by flying down to D.C. to see the still-new flight musueum. Very
worthwhile for anyone with any interest in aviation.

Lucky you Morris...you got to go see the new museum *and* meet Ron and
Margie. I've had the chance to meet both of them at the last two
Oshkosh gatherings at Jay and Mary's campsite. They're great
folks...um...Ron and Margie too :-)

Counting Ron & Margy, I've met less than a dozen people around here.
Looking forward to doubling that number next month on my first trip
to P'ville and have a tentative date to see Bob Barker some time this
summer.

I've met a few folks, mostly at Oshkosh and it's been great. It is good
to put names and faces together, hang out, and just do a lot of good
hanger lying. :-)

If you or anyone else is in Northern California, drop me an e-mail. Now
that I'm an aircraft owner, I can show off my new bird *and* the local
sites.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 23rd 05, 10:37 PM
Andrew Gideon

Journeyman wrote:

I'm currently based at White Plains, NY and I know there are a number
of regulars in the area. Is there any interest in a once a month
Sunday Brunch fly-in? We can select different places in the NE each
month. The restaurant at KSWF serves amazing chocolate chip pancakes,
so that would be a good place to start next month.

You might want to look into MAPA:

http://midatlanticpilots.com/

We've monthly meetings which are - unfortunately - not immediately next to
an airport. But give me a little notice, and I'll arrange necessary lifts
from KCDW (where I'm based, in northern NJ) to the nearby restaurant.

We also have fly-outs on the weekends following our monthly meetings.

The next fly-out is actually a 99s Poker Run. It's on May 14. Read about
it at:

http://www.midatlanticpilots.com/flyout.html

and

http://www.nj99.com/

- Andrew

Old April 24th 05, 01:32 AM
Lynne

Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to attend.

Old May 3rd 05, 10:27 PM
Journeyman

In article ne.com, Andrew Gideon wrote:

The next fly-out is actually a 99s Poker Run. It's on May 14. Read about
it at:

http://www.midatlanticpilots.com/flyout.html

Sounds like fun but I'm not really interested in joining another club
with dues and newsletters right now. Already too many to keep track
of. I was thinking of something a little more informal.

Morris
Old May 3rd 05, 10:29 PM
Journeyman

In article , Jack Allison wrote:
Journeyman wrote:

I've met a few folks, mostly at Oshkosh and it's been great. It is good
to put names and faces together, hang out, and just do a lot of good
hanger lying. :-)

Yeah, and somehow people never look like you imagine them to look.

Morris
Old May 3rd 05, 10:35 PM
Journeyman

In article .com, Lynne wrote:
Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to attend.

Didn't mean to post and run, but between work, family obligations and
other stuff, suddenly a couple of weeks have gone by. I'm looking at
Angel Flights this weekend and next, P'Ville, then Memorial Day
Weekend. Looks like June 5th is open for me.

Anyone want to suggest a place to meet?

Morris
Old May 4th 05, 04:31 PM

Morris,
We hope to complete our IFR training by June 1 so June 5 sounds good.
Either Skyacres 44N or Kobelt (Walkill) N45 would be a good place to
meet for breakfast or lunch. It would be nice if we can get a few more
newsgroup pilots in NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA, VT, NH to see this thread. I
am not putting my bet on Lynne/Ken to show up ;-)
BTW, thank you for posting your Angel Flights experience. This is
something that we would love to do once we are qualified. As I recall,
NE Angel Flight requires minimum of 500hrs and IFR rating.
Hai & Rick Longworth
N30703