XCountry logging

Old May 8th 12, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don P

Default XCountry logging

Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Old May 8th 12, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article a87362e3-7da5-480e-bd1d-6156d5686395@
36g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, , Don P says...

Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

All of it? Is it a trick question?

--
Duncan.
Old May 8th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

On 5/7/2012 9:55 PM, Don P wrote:
Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Probably all, perhaps none. Read 61.1 (b)(3). Possible catches: 1) Did
you land at any of those places? Was at least one of your landings at
least 50 nm straight-line distance from your point of departure?

Vaughn
Old May 8th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don P

On May 8, 11:32*am, Vaughn wrote:
On 5/7/2012 9:55 PM, Don P wrote: Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Probably all, perhaps none. *Read 61.1 (b)(3). *Possible catches: 1) Did
you land at any of those places? *Was at least one of your landings at
least 50 nm straight-line distance from your point of departure?

Vaughn

Sorry for the confusion. Each leg resulted in a full stop. Leg 2 was
59 miles. All the distances I listed above were straight line
distances (I'm sure I flew further..lol)
Old May 8th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don P

On May 8, 11:32*am, Vaughn wrote:
On 5/7/2012 9:55 PM, Don P wrote: Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Probably all, perhaps none. *Read 61.1 (b)(3). *Possible catches: 1) Did
you land at any of those places? *Was at least one of your landings at
least 50 nm straight-line distance from your point of departure?

Vaughn

Hmm ..... I thought I already replied to this, but it isn't showing
up, so if it repeats, I apologize.

All the distances listed above were straight line distances. I flew
each of these to a full stop landing. Therefore, Leg 2 of 59 NM I
know for a fact can be logged xcountry, but I'm unsure of the rest.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old May 8th 12, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don P

On May 8, 8:10*am, Dave Doe wrote:
In article a87362e3-7da5-480e-bd1d-6156d5686395@
36g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, , Don P says...

Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

All of it? *Is it a trick question?

--
Duncan.

LOL, not intended to be a trick question. full stop landings at each
of those three airports...
Old May 9th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

On 5/8/2012 6:10 PM, Don P wrote:
On May 8, 11:32 am, wrote:
On 5/7/2012 9:55 PM, Don P wrote: Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs

How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

Probably all, perhaps none. Read 61.1 (b)(3). Possible catches: 1) Did
you land at any of those places? Was at least one of your landings at
least 50 nm straight-line distance from your point of departure?

Vaughn

Hmm ..... I thought I already replied to this, but it isn't showing
up, so if it repeats, I apologize.

All the distances listed above were straight line distances. I flew
each of these to a full stop landing. Therefore, Leg 2 of 59 NM I
know for a fact can be logged xcountry, but I'm unsure of the rest.
Sorry for the confusion.

My suggestions remains to read 61.1 (b)(3). You can easily do that on
the Internet, but if you don't own a FAR/AIM, it's probably time to buy
one.

In short, assuming that all the other requirements were met(pilot
certification, type of aircraft etc.) you can log the whole flight as
long as one of your landings was at least 50 NM from your starting point.

Vaughn
Old May 9th 12, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article , ,
Vaughn says...

On 5/8/2012 6:10 PM, Don P wrote:
On May 8, 11:32 am, wrote:
[...]

sounds about right to me.

--
Duncan.
Old May 9th 12, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Don P wrote
Sorry to beat this dead horse.... Here is my trip:
Leg1 : 49.3 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg2 : 59.0 NM .6 Hobbs
Leg3 : 36.2 NM .4 Hobbs
How much of this can legally be logged as Cross Country Time?

If you redefine your starting point as starting at the begining
of leg two, then legs 2 and 3 can be logged, otherwise, none of
the landings were accomplished at a point more than 50 miles from
the original starting point.

Bob Moore
ATP CFI
Old May 9th 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Then again we have had posters in here whos aviation expertise didn't
extend past Microsoft Flight Simulator but who thought that sufficient
to post here as pilots....