CFI's : Any tips on marketing?

Old March 4th 04, 11:24 PM
BoDEAN

Default CFI's : Any tips on marketing?

Our flight school would like to put together a package that will be
distributed to H.R. Departments throughout the area. We are going to
target primarily large scale professional establishments.

Any tips on what I should say/include?
Could be a great way to get business at a flight school.

Old March 5th 04, 12:11 AM
Rob Thomas

How about a company discount? Big companies often have clubs of sorts for
all kinds of varous activities. At my company there's a photo club,
investment club, book club, etc. This company actually subsidizes the
activities of each of the clubs. You could offer a discount to any aviation
clubs that the company may have or may be willing to create. Or maybe you
can offer to speak at a aviation club meeting. There's often a membership
drive each year, so you'd know that every year the aviation club would get
some exposure within the company and probably create a source of steady
clients.

r.

news

Old March 5th 04, 12:30 AM
BoDEAN

Thanks
I'm asking what should I make for a "kit" to give out to these HR
departments. Would like to work on it tonight

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:11:56 GMT, "Rob Thomas"
wrote:

How about a company discount? Big companies often have clubs of sorts for
all kinds of varous activities. At my company there's a photo club,
investment club, book club, etc. This company actually subsidizes the
activities of each of the clubs. You could offer a discount to any aviation
clubs that the company may have or may be willing to create. Or maybe you
can offer to speak at a aviation club meeting. There's often a membership
drive each year, so you'd know that every year the aviation club would get
some exposure within the company and probably create a source of steady
clients.

r.

news

Old March 5th 04, 02:52 PM
StellaStar

what should I make for a "kit" to give out to these HR
departments.

Sorry to say, if they're big companies they'll expect a very professional
presentation. There'd be a folder with several pages inside. Most on
letterhead stationery. First, a 1-sheet list of facts (where, address,
web/email, stats on planes, employees, CFI qualifications, list of training
options with or without prices) one with photos and plane specs, one spelling
out the various classes of pilot certification (PP-ASEL, instrument,
commercial, etc) and a few lines on the privileges each has, and at least one
page of ad copy pointing out the popularity of flying and applications like its
use for business commuters, fire spotting, wildlife tracking, traffic
monitoring, emergency travel, charter flights for people and cargo...teach the
reader, who's presumably completely un-informed, just what-all flying a small
plane is Good For. Include both the personal pleasure and accomplishment, and
the commercial/business/public service uses, since you're selling it to people
who are used to considering the bottom line. Send them kind of thing that'll
convince a company to encourage, or allow, employees and execs to take lessons
and perhaps arrange tuition help or a company flying club. What's your goal?
Old March 6th 04, 02:53 AM
Robert M. Gary

BoDEAN wrote in message . ..
Our flight school would like to put together a package that will be
distributed to H.R. Departments throughout the area. We are going to
target primarily large scale professional establishments.

Any tips on what I should say/include?
Could be a great way to get business at a flight school.

They may want to keep away from it. The last big company I worked for
had an HR department that wouldn't even let me sent emails offering
rides for fear of liability.
Old March 6th 04, 04:39 AM
C J Campbell

"BoDEAN" wrote in message
news
Our flight school would like to put together a package that will be
distributed to H.R. Departments throughout the area. We are going to
target primarily large scale professional establishments.

Any tips on what I should say/include?
Could be a great way to get business at a flight school.

You want to include your instructors' qualifications, including Gold Seal,
Master CFI, etc. You want to emphasize the quality of your fleet, preferably
with glossy photos of new looking airplanes. Include a spreadsheet showing a
cost/benefit analysis of doing your own business flying, with graphs.

H.R. departments do not encourage employees to learn to fly. They see it as
an unacceptable risk and their response may be to make rules prohibiting
their employees from flying in small planes.