Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party in Iowa City -- You're Invited!

Old June 8th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party in Iowa City -- You're Invited!

Hi all,

If you live West of the Mississippi River, may I humbly suggest that you
make a stop in Iowa City, IA (KIOW) on Saturday, July 26th to partake in our
annual Oshkosh fly-in pool party?

Each year we serve FREE food, refreshments (adult and otherwise), music, and
hangar flying at poolside at our aviation themed, luxury suites hotel, the
Alexis Park Inn & Suites, for all of our brethren on their way to Oshkosh,
as our way of saying "thanks!" for another great year.

Stop in for a bratwurst, take a dip, and top off your tanks (our FBO will be
offering a 25 cent-per-gallon discount that day) -- or stay the night. We'll
pick you up and drop you off at your plane, lickity split.

While you're at the inn, check out our full-sized flight simulator, "The
Kiwi"! We'll have it set up to simulate the FISK approach into OSH, and you
can practice the whole thing before you get into the busiest airspace in the
world! (And, if you're spending the night, you can see how a few adult
beverages may affect your flying...) Again, it's all FREE.

Then, the next morning (not TOO early), we all fly in *loose* (very!)
formation up to OSH. Some years we have three planes, some years we have
nine -- but it's always safe, fun, and educational. Mary and I have attended
Airventure for 25 consecutive years, so if you have any questions about
flying into "the Big One" we can probably help you.

Best of all, it's a nice, easy 80-minute flight into OSH from Iowa City,
which allows you to arrive in the world's busiest airspace fresh and sharp.
The LAST thing you want to do is arrive in OSH at the end of an 8-hour day
of flying...

Then, because we've flown in together, we will all get parked (relatively)
close together in the North 40 -- so the party can continue all week!

See the official invitation he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Read about our aviation themed hotel he www.AlexisParkInn.com

If you wish to spend the night, make reservations early! If we're sold out
we will allow camping on the hotel grounds FREE OF CHARGE -- and we will
have shower facilities available for campers to use.

Hope you can join us!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA