A Google Groups alternative to rec.aviation.piloting?

Old August 16th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default A Google Groups alternative to rec.aviation.piloting?

buttman writes:

I'm criticizing people not backing up their claims with fact.

Yes, you're criticizing people. That's not a discussion of aviation.

Statements made by anyone can be evaluated on their own merits, without any
reference to personalities or the people making the statements. Facts are
facts; falsehoods are falsehoods. It doesn't matter where they come from.
Statements can be verified by comparison with other sources of known accuracy.
There is never any need to worry about who made the statements.

In that post I'm challenging him to back up his claims with fact.

Either he is right, or he is wrong. The old saw about backing claims up with
facts is just a diversion tactic, and a poor one at that. If he is wrong,
correct him. If he is right, let it stand.

And his reasons for me being the worlds worst instructor I think is very
aviation related.

No, they are personality related. Exactly the type of thing that you were
criticizing just a few posts ago.
Old August 16th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

When you come up with a cure for Cancer, let me know and I'll
re-evaluate the situation.

Why not just admit that your rule is not as absolute as you made it sound?
Old August 16th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

When you come up with a cure for Cancer, let me know and I'll
re-evaluate the situation.

Why not just admit that your rule is not as absolute as you made it sound?

I have no "rule" to admit to Anthony. I have experience, but no "rule".

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 16th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

Doesn't really get any simpler than "Go **** yourself" now does it?

True, but it doesn't really have any meaning, either. Since it communicates
nothing, there must be some other reason why you say it. You cannot be saying
it because of any effect on me, because it has no effect on me. Therefore it
must have some sort of effect on you, or on some third party.
Old August 16th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

I have no "rule" to admit to Anthony. I have experience, but no "rule".

You indicated that if you strongly dislike someone, you'll disregard what he
says. That sounds like a rule to me. I pointed out an exception.
Old August 16th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

Doesn't really get any simpler than "Go **** yourself" now does it?

True, but it doesn't really have any meaning, either. Since it communicates
nothing, there must be some other reason why you say it. You cannot be saying
it because of any effect on me, because it has no effect on me. Therefore it
must have some sort of effect on you, or on some third party.

Some things you do in life for the simple pleasure derived from the act
of doing them Anthony.
Tell you what there ole buddy. I've had enough fun for one night. Let's
save this for another day shall we? I have to do yard work in the
morning :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 16th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

I have no "rule" to admit to Anthony. I have experience, but no "rule".

You indicated that if you strongly dislike someone, you'll disregard what he
says. That sounds like a rule to me. I pointed out an exception.

I'm sure it sounds like a rule to you Anthony, but it isn't a rule for
me unless I've made it so and since I haven't done that, no rule :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 16th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
skym

This whole topic discussion is why I and many others have pretty much
quit reading it, and left this group, except for the occasional check
back. I think the OP had a sincere suggestion, but the response
quickly deteriorated. DH used to have good advice on flying but,
unfortunately, his rants in this thread demonstrate his recent descent
into the gutter with the likes of BtB and his ilk. Too bad. It was
good while it lasted. MX is a charactor, but not remotely as
offensive as the bitter crowd who have taken over this group.
Old August 16th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Aug 15, 10:32 pm, skym wrote:
This whole topic discussion is why I and many others have pretty much
quit reading it, and left this group, except for the occasional check
back. I think the OP had a sincere suggestion, but the response
quickly deteriorated. DH used to have good advice on flying but,
unfortunately, his rants in this thread demonstrate his recent descent
into the gutter with the likes of BtB and his ilk. Too bad. It was
good while it lasted. MX is a charactor, but not remotely as
offensive as the bitter crowd who have taken over this group.

Well I think a fella using a handle like "Buttman",
which advertises his homosexuality is hardly
someone I'd wanna be in cockpit with. I'm ok
with the homo's but do they need to advertise in
a piloting group. Not everyone is as open minded
as I am.
Ken
Old August 16th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

buttman writes:

Also, just to put this out there, Dudley has, for months claimed me
to be "the worst CFI I've ever seen", "the type of person I've spent
a lifetime to try to correct", etc. But he has never elaborated on
this, ever. He just repeats these weasel phrases over and over again.
If he claims to be such an expert on CFI attitudes and aviation
safety, then why doesn't he make the case without resorting to
smokescreen tactics and weasel words?

Now you're engaging in the very behavior you just criticized. Care to
discuss aviation?

Anthony, do you butt **** buttman or does buttman butt **** you? Or do you
take turns butt ****ing each other?