Rosie the Riveter

Old February 12th 10, 01:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_4_]

Default Rosie the Riveter

The gals who made the planes.

Pt one of six

Old February 12th 10, 04:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Neil Hoskins

Rosie is my hero(ine). If it wasn't for her, we'd all be speaking German
and Japanese.

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
. 130...

The gals who made the planes.

Pt one of six

Old February 13th 10, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"PX" wrote in message
And we'a all drive Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, or worst, Toyota !

Hey, I drive a Toyota, I know I shouldn't, but I just can't stop.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old February 13th 10, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Moore

"Neil Hoskins" wrote
Rosie is my hero(ine). If it wasn't for her, we'd all be speaking
German and Japanese.

Not a chance! Neither Germany, Japan, nor any other country has had
the manpower and transport capability to mount an invasion force
against the USofA since England tried it in 1812.

Bob Moore
1967 Naval Aviator---Vietnam
Old February 14th 10, 05:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF[_3_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
"PX" wrote in message
And we'a all drive Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, or worst, Toyota !

Hey, I drive a Toyota, I know I shouldn't, but I just can't stop.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

You own a Prius do you??? ;-)

--
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Queensland

Old February 15th 10, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Neil Hoskins

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.247...
"Neil Hoskins" wrote
Rosie is my hero(ine). If it wasn't for her, we'd all be speaking
German and Japanese.

Not a chance! Neither Germany, Japan, nor any other country has had
the manpower and transport capability to mount an invasion force
against the USofA since England tried it in 1812.

And you could have achieved that strength without Rosie? Anyway, I was
talking about here in Europe. Whatever my parents' generation think about
the Yanks, we'd have been struggling without all the liberty ships, tanks,
ordnance, fuel, etc, etc. Of course, there were British Rosies as well,
building Spitfires and Hurricanes and Lancasters, and in many ways it's a
shame their role hasn't been celebrated to the same extent as the American
Rosies.

Old February 15th 10, 01:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_4_]

"Neil Hoskins" wrote in
:

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.247...
"Neil Hoskins" wrote
Rosie is my hero(ine). If it wasn't for her, we'd all be speaking
German and Japanese.

Not a chance! Neither Germany, Japan, nor any other country has had
the manpower and transport capability to mount an invasion force
against the USofA since England tried it in 1812.

And you could have achieved that strength without Rosie? Anyway, I
was talking about here in Europe. Whatever my parents' generation
think about the Yanks, we'd have been struggling without all the
liberty ships, tanks, ordnance, fuel, etc, etc. Of course, there were
British Rosies as well, building Spitfires and Hurricanes and
Lancasters, and in many ways it's a shame their role hasn't been
celebrated to the same extent as the American Rosies.

I have included British and even German Rosies in
this series. Can't find any Japanese ones tho.

Old February 15th 10, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Neil Hoskins

[...]

Yes, I saw that, but in general I think it's safe to say there's never been
anything in UK like the American 80's film, "The Life and Times...", or the
elevation into pop art of the posters and imagery of the American Rosie.
Things may be starting to change: my mum was delighted to see a contingent
representing "the home front" in last year's Remembrance Day parade.