"Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West"

Old May 27th 15, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Default "Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West"

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 12:34:46 AM UTC-4, 6X wrote:
Now available for rent / purchase via ITunes download.

here is the direct link to the US version of the movie. its $14.99 purchase in HD, or $4.99 rental (24 hour).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/id995086732
Old May 27th 15, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PBA

Blu Ray also available from Amazon he

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0ZXYHFI 8CGR3
Old May 28th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Mark,

Has/Will/Can Cloudstreet be submitted to film festivals? I think it'd be pretty cool to have it shown at our local festival, the Tallgrass Film Festival in October.

http://www.tallgrassfilmfest.com/the...bmit_your_film

Should show on Kansas PBS stations in July or August, waiting to hear a firm air date.
Old May 28th 15, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's also FREE on PBS.

Even though I attended the premier on the 50' screen at the NM Museum of
Natural History, I've got my HD-DVR set to record it tonight at 2100 MDT.

--
Dan Marotta

Old May 29th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Pengelly

Only in the US? I just searched iTunes UK and no joy.
Old May 31st 15, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

I bought it via iTunes and have watched it three times already. The video and music are top notch. We need more documentaries like this in the soaring community. Hopefully there are enough sales to fund further releases?
Old May 31st 15, 08:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I wish all the soaring films were available for download on iTunes and Google Play.

Old May 31st 15, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 3:04:11 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I wish all the soaring films were available for download on iTunes and Google Play.

There's a growing demographic that does not have the means or interest to play plastic discs.
Old June 1st 15, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As glider pilots we kinda become desensitised to DIY videos. Single point of view, dubious sound quality & quickly edited in the clubhouse or home study before uploading / sharing with friends and colleagues.

So, what a wonderful thing it was to watch Cloudstreet. Spectacular scenery, beautifully scored and filmed in such a way that it came as close as I've ever seen to actually conveying the joyful, the serene and the downright wonderous nature of soaring flight.

Bravo to all involved.

CJ
Old June 1st 15, 09:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7C

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 23:48:24 UTC+1, PBA wrote:
Blu Ray also available from Amazon he

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0ZXYHFI 8CGR3

Amazon US will ship to the UK, unlike iTunes... Came to about £30 which is supposed to include the import duty and 2 week shipping.

Mel