Collecting EGT and CHT Data Per Cylinder

Old July 6th 05, 05:35 AM
O. Sami Saydjari

Default Collecting EGT and CHT Data Per Cylinder

I read a recent article suggesting that one keep track of CHT and EGT
temperatures on one's airplane. So, for the last 16 flights I have
dutifully recorded CHT and EGT on all 6 cylinders during straight and
level flight.

Now that I have the data, I have to wonder how to best mine it for
useful information about my engine. In the most general terms, I
understand that I want to be looking at trend information and note any
significant chnages in CHT in a given cylinder, for example, because it
might indicate a clogged injector.

Could someone comment on all the useful things one might want to look
for in such data sets and what one concludes from the various things to
look for.

-Sami
N2057M, Piper Turbo Arrow III
Old July 6th 05, 06:31 PM
Jay Honeck

Could someone comment on all the useful things one might want to look for
in such data sets and what one concludes from the various things to look
for.

At OSH last year Jim & Gail selected a company that makes software that
allows you to massage the data obtained from your engine analyzer as one of
their "Best of Show" exhibitors. It was able to make sense of all the
data, producing easy-to-interpret graphs and charts, rather than the
gobbledy-gook you get from Excel spreadsheets.

Jim, what was the name of that company? I'd like to pick up a copy of their
(terrific looking) software, and it sounds like Sami could use it, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 6th 05, 06:59 PM
RST Engineering

On the way home last year, I lost (a) a Tilley knockoff hat, (b) a pair of
Serenghetti sunglasses, (c) a lot of the Oshkosh documentation somewhere in
the wilds of eastern Wyoming. I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember.

Was anybody else there that day taking notes?

Jim

Old July 7th 05, 02:43 AM
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)\
At OSH last year Jim & Gail selected a company that makes software that
allows you to massage the data obtained from your engine analyzer as one
of their "Best of Show" exhibitors. It was able to make sense of all
the data, producing easy-to-interpret graphs and charts, rather than the
gobbledy-gook you get from Excel spreadsheets.

On the way home last year, I lost (a) a Tilley knockoff hat, (b) a pair of
Serenghetti sunglasses, (c) a lot of the Oshkosh documentation somewhere
in the wilds of eastern Wyoming. I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember.

Was anybody else there that day taking notes?

I was there, don't recall.

We did see the product at their booth later. Still not coming to me though.

http://www.airventure.org/2004/exhib...itor_table.pdf
Not much help, but there it is.

Montblack

Old July 7th 05, 05:35 AM
Jay Honeck

We did see the product at their booth later. Still not coming to me
though.

http://www.airventure.org/2004/exhib...itor_table.pdf
Not much help, but there it is.

Found it!

http://www.egtrends.com/

Good stuff. I hope they come back to OSH '05...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA