one-of-a-kind C195

Old August 16th 04, 06:50 PM
Dave Butler

Default one-of-a-kind C195

Did anyone else notice that the C195 on EAA's August calendar / wallpaper

http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper/images/...sna195_640.jpg

has a backwards-turning prop?

Dave

Old August 16th 04, 07:19 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Did anyone else notice that the C195 on EAA's August calendar / wallpaper

http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper/images/...sna195_640.jpg

has a backwards-turning prop?

Are you sure they just didn't print the photo backwards?

Maybe it has an M14P engine?

Paul

Old August 16th 04, 08:40 PM
Art

The pitot tube is on the correct wing, so that rules out a backward photo.
It also has an MT prop which also was not factory.

Old August 17th 04, 01:47 AM
john smith

Paul Sengupta wrote:
Maybe it has an M14P engine?

.... without the cooling "gills".

Old August 17th 04, 03:12 AM
David Johnson

Dave Butler wrote in message ...
Did anyone else notice that the C195 on EAA's August calendar / wallpaper

http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper/images/...sna195_640.jpg

has a backwards-turning prop?

Dave

I saw it at Oshkosh. It has a Russian M-14 engine and an MT propeller.
The owner calls it the Bolshevik Gorilla. It is for sale, but I can't
tell you where to find it.

David Johnson
Old August 17th 04, 03:42 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message

Are you sure they just didn't print the photo backwards?

The C195 has the pitot mast on the left wing, the picture is correct.

Old August 17th 04, 02:16 PM
Ron Natalie

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message ...
"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Did anyone else notice that the C195 on EAA's August calendar / wallpaper

http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper/images/...sna195_640.jpg

has a backwards-turning prop?

Are you sure they just didn't print the photo backwards?

The pitot tube is on the correct (airplane left) side for a 195.

Old August 17th 04, 03:55 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Did anyone else notice that the C195 on EAA's August calendar /

wallpaper

http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper/images/...sna195_640.jpg

has a backwards-turning prop?

Are you sure they just didn't print the photo backwards?

The pitot tube is on the correct (airplane left) side for a 195.

Ah, then my guess of the M14P engine would be a safer bet then!

Someone else said it was, so I guess it was a good guess. I guess.

Paul