Jay Honeck - R U OK?

Old April 14th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Jay Honeck - R U OK?

Jay,

Any damage from last night's storm?

Hope everyone is OK.

MAH

For those that didn't follow the weather in Iowa, last night a severe
thunderstorm and tornado(s) hit the Iowa City area. No word on injuries
or deaths as yet. But property damage is severe. Menards on the N edge
of the airport lost part of the roof. Riverside drive on the east side
of the airport has several damaged businesses. Jay's hotal is near the
damaged area.
Old April 14th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Any damage from last night's storm?

Hope everyone is OK.

Yep, we're okay, thanks. See rec.aviation.piloting for the complete
write-up.

It was a very close thing, but we got away with minor roof damage, a
downed fence, and a billion-zillion branches/shingles/debris to pick
up. Others weren't so lucky -- the Menards and WalMart to our west
were hit hard, the Dodge dealer to our North was leveled, and the Dairy
Queen we sometimes walk to from here is just...gone.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 14th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

We had a storm out here in California too. I got almost 1/8" of rain
over the last couple of days. Bummer.

-Robert

Old April 14th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Robert M. Gary" wrote)
We had a storm out here in California too. I got almost 1/8" of rain over
the last couple of days. Bummer.

That's just a little one. Let us know when The Big One hits, will ya? g

Montblack

Old April 14th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

Speak for yourself. We've had over 80 inches of rain in Grass Valley since
last July and I've just about had enough of the stuff ... although it is
supposed to rain on and off all weekend.

Hence the identifier, GOO.