Cessna 180 info

Old April 18th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna 180 info

I'm looking into buying a Cessna 180 (I sold my Husky). Anyone know of
any good info resources out there?

Old April 18th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

maybe www.cessna.org posted in the previous c172 question on r.a.o.

BT

oups.com...

Old April 18th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Doug" wrote)
I'm looking into buying a Cessna 180 (I sold my Husky). Anyone know of any
good info resources out there?

Here's one:

http://www.aircraftowner.com/aircraftowner/photo_listings.po
Photo listings

http://www.aircraftowner.com/aircraftowner/ad_details.po?view=0
AircraftOwner.com (AO) ad:

Model: 1957 Cessna 180A
Location: (ANE) Minnesota, USA
0 SMOH, 0 SNEW prop, 0 since total ground up restoration. Float kit, center
stack panel, Clevelands, new glass. Very nice airplane! See at Sun-n-Fun!
Make offer. MN/763-784-0490.

http://northernairborne.com/dealerfind.php?low=10&high=20&category=C1&orderby= city
Dan White - Northern Airborne Technology

This plane is at Golden Wings Museum right now. They were going to fly it
down to SnF but chose not to at the last minute (Short of pilots? No
clue.) - They'll take it over to OSH, instead.

http://www.goldenwingsmuseum.com/
Ask for Craig. Tell him "Paul The Volunteer" sent you. :-)

BTW, It's a very, very, very nice looking plane.

Montblack

Old April 18th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

http://www.skywagons.com/

Jim

oups.com...

Old April 18th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

http://www.skywagons.org/default.asp

subscribe to the email list.

Karl"Curator" N185KG

oups.com...

Old April 20th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Dough,
I would be interested to know why you want to replace your Husky with
the 180?
Can you briefly mention your experience with the Husky?
Did it have floats, or was it even amphibious?

I am in the process of looking at options as different as Husky and the
206 amphibious.
Sometimes the Cirrus 22 is the topic of my dreams!
As you understand it is soon time to focus!

Sven

Old April 20th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I bought my Husky in 1999. In 2003, I put amphibs on it. I had the
amphibs on and off of it every year. I still flew it on wheels except
for my major trip every summer to float country. The Husky is a great
airplane. It had few in number, but very good instruments, a stick and
great visibility. IT is very light and quick. Taildragger fun. Moving
on to a larger airplane only becuase I need the room on my long trips
as there are 3 of us now......But if the Husky will carry what you
need, buy it. Way more fun to fly than a 206 or even a Cirrus....

Old April 20th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thks a lot Doug,

Obviously more fun and less family in the Husky.
Did you have any bad experiences with the floats?
How much do you think I have to sacrifice if a 206 would be the final
choice?
And finally how do you compare the 206 to the 180 apart from pure
space?

Sven

Old April 20th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I have about 350 hours on the Husky Wipline amphibs. Don't forget to
put your water rudders up! (Ask me how I know). A 206 is a much larger
heavier airplane. The 206 has the big baggage door but no copilot door
(never could understand that one). A 180 is a sportier, smaller plane
than the 206 and tailwheel when on wheels. A 206 is a real workhorse
and carries more. If you need the space, buy the 206. Only buy as much
plane as you need. Amphibs are pretty complicated. Don't neglet your
checklist. Landing geardown in water is a catastrophe in an Amphib.
Float flying is fun, but there is a lot to go wrong. Easy to ding the
floats on a rock when taxiiing etc. But there is NOTHING like float
flying, coming in and landing on a clear mountain lake, catching a fish
and eating it for lunch What a thrill.