YENC solution

Old July 30th 07, 09:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray[_3_]

Default YENC solution

I was certain I was not going to get into this discussion; shows you
how wrong a person can be. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Using FreeAgent it's hard to tell what format the images are in.

Here's my opinion. Let the person post however they want. If you don't
have a yEnc decoder and are opposed to downloading a free decoder,
then skip the picture. Those of us who have the readers vcan view them
if we want. If someone has photos they are willing to post, no matter
the format, they should be encouraged to do so. I don't believe the
readers should dictate format to the posters. I'm grateful to anyone
who posts here. Post a 325,978,465 mb .gif and I won't complain. I
won't download it, although I can read those also, but I simply don't
want to bother with it. This bickering back and forth makes no sense
to me, unless you are 12 years or younger and just enjoy trolling.

So, poster do it in the format you want; reader, look at it or not.

Having looked at most of the photos posted here over the years, IMHO
missing any one of them because of the format would not be an
earth-shattering loss. Many are excellent, but not seeing some of them
will not effectively change my path in life.

Seems simple to me.

PS If someone really doesn't know how to download an yEnc decoder I'm
sure if they asked for help on this or any other USNET group, some one
would be most happy to help.
Old July 30th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

R I was certain I was not going to get into this discussion; shows you
R how wrong a person can be. First, this is the only USNET group I use
R that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
R with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

R Using FreeAgent it's hard to tell what format the images are in.

R Here's my opinion. Let the person post however they want. If you
R don't
R have a yEnc decoder and are opposed to downloading a free decoder,
R then skip the picture. Those of us who have the readers vcan view
R them
R if we want. If someone has photos they are willing to post, no matter
R the format, they should be encouraged to do so. I don't believe the
R readers should dictate format to the posters. I'm grateful to anyone
R who posts here. Post a 325,978,465 mb .gif and I won't complain. I
R won't download it, although I can read those also, but I simply don't
R want to bother with it. This bickering back and forth makes no sense
R to me, unless you are 12 years or younger and just enjoy trolling.

R So, poster do it in the format you want; reader, look at it or not.

R Having looked at most of the photos posted here over the years, IMHO
R missing any one of them because of the format would not be an
R earth-shattering loss. Many are excellent, but not seeing some of
R them
R will not effectively change my path in life.

R Seems simple to me.

R PS If someone really doesn't know how to download an yEnc decoder I'm
R sure if they asked for help on this or any other USNET group, some
R one
R would be most happy to help.

Well said.

Cheers,

Indrek Avisto

Old July 30th 07, 05:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

"Ray" wrote in message
.. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Ray, can you name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm?

Old July 30th 07, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim

I am using OeyEnc and it work well for yenc. I have found that once loaded
I have a problem doing compine and decode function.

Old July 31st 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article ,
"The Good Poster" wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Ray, can you name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm?

I can: alt.binaries.audiobooks

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood
Old July 31st 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

"John Meyer" wrote in message
In article ,
"The Good Poster" wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Ray, can you name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm?

I can: alt.binaries.audiobooks

Thanks, John. I went there and was unable to find any photos. Are there
any non-porn photo groups where yEnc is the norm?

Old July 31st 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On 31 Jul 2007 02:34:21 GMT, Clark wrote:

"The Good Poster" wrote in news:46ae123b$0
:

"Ray" wrote in message
. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Ray, can you name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm?

Do you have a meaningful point? Or are you just afraid that if you decode one
yEnc post you will suddenly have an overwhelming desire to download porn? If
that is your fear, don't worry, just be sure to wear your aluminum foil hat
while setting anywhere within 10 feet of an internet connected computer.
That'll keep ya safe...

It's a reasonable fear, Clark. I must admit that when I view Internet
porn, I'm yEncing it quite a bit. (I've been waiting too long for
just the right moment to use that!). Now back to more Oshpix--the B2
has decloaked just long enough to be in this group for a few images.
And by the way, the USAF DEMANDED I yEnc the pictures so as to keep
the radar signature very very very small. UU encoding is actually U2
encoding, and everybody knows that plane is roughly a half century
old. (I sense that 7 days of EAA plus yEnc arguments are starting to
get to me).
Old July 31st 07, 12:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 01:26:00 -0700, Ray wrote:

I was certain I was not going to get into this discussion; shows you
how wrong a person can be. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Yaaaaaay. Another voice of reason in the wilderness of whining.

Well said. Read yenc or leave it along. But, stop whining about it.

Dave

Old July 31st 07, 12:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:30:57 -0500, "The Good Poster"
wrote:

Ray, can you name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm?

He did not say that yenc was the norm on ANY newsgroup. Learn to
read. No wonder you can't download yenc; you can't read.

On every binary ng that I haunt, yenc is NOT discussed (whined about).
People either download it or forget it. I suggest you do the same
instead of whining, whining, whining.

Dave

Old July 31st 07, 12:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:18:28 -0500, "The Good Poster"
wrote:

Thanks, John. I went there and was unable to find any photos. Are there
any non-porn photo groups where yEnc is the norm?

Aha, you are viewing porn sites and are ****ed because you can't down
load yenc. Now I get it. It is quite simple, sir. Get a good
newsreader and those porn sites will come alive (if that's really what
you want).

Dave

Yenc Solution DR[_2_] Aviation Photos 17 July 30th 07 06:13 AM
Solution to DAFIF data going away? Paul Tomblin Piloting 1 June 5th 05 12:36 PM
Fueling from plastic - proposed solution Michael Horowitz Home Built 0 March 27th 05 07:51 PM
Solution To Newton's Third Law of Motion. Jeet Piloting 4 November 20th 04 09:34 PM
OPINIONS: THE SOLUTION ArtKramr Military Aviation 4 January 7th 04 10:43 PM