Renter's Insurance?

Old May 28th 05, 03:06 PM
Gary Drescher

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:zPPle.1202$fp.1186@fed1read05...
I read an article this spring.. I do not remember if it was in AOPA,
Private Pilot.. or Flying.. about renters insurance..

One thing that stuck in my head on this one.. the renters insurance only
kicks in if you the renter pilot is found to be at fault.. if it's a
mechanical.. you may not be covered...

My renter's insurance covers me for damages for which I am "legally liable",
not just when I'm "at fault" in the sense of committing a pilot error.

--Gary

Old May 28th 05, 05:36 PM
Chris

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
news

The airport where I rent requires us to carry $40,000 hull insurance.
To that I add $1 million liability, for a cost of about $600 a year. I
would have the liability even if I wasn't obliged to carry the hull
insurance in order to rent.

(Prior to the new requirement, I carried only $15K, figuring that a
lot of what made the Cub valuable would survive a crash, and that I
didn't mind a bit of self-insurance in there. But the most recent
addition to the fleet cost $40,000 to rebuild, and the owner got anal
about being able to recover his investment.)

(Can you imagine a $40,000 L-4? I wonder what the army paid for that
bird, about $1,800?)

More like $200k bearing in mind the way the system works

Old May 29th 05, 10:26 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 28 May 2005 17:36:28 +0100, "Chris"
wrote:

(Can you imagine a $40,000 L-4? I wonder what the army paid for that
bird, about $1,800?)

More like $200k bearing in mind the way the system works

A P-40 cost less than $200,000 in 1943. The airframe cost as I recall
was $89,000 (less engine, guns, radios).

The first Cubs used by the U.S. Army were provided at no charge by the
Piper company--the pilots included!

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old June 8th 05, 07:19 AM
gilan

Are there many companies that sell renter insurance???
The place I was taking lessons from now requires renter insurance.
Just wondering if the prices vary much?
--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote ..
Larry Dighera wrote:
The Non-owners Policy should probably cover the FBO's deductible
amount, and loss of service as a minimum. There is also the issue of
subrogation to address.

The base policy (with AOPA's company) covers damage to others and property
but not the aircraft itself. Depending on how much hull insurance I add,
the premium goes up *very* rapidly and significantly. That's why I
thought to only cover the FBO's deductible.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Renters insurance and TRIA Scrabo Piloting 1 February 20th 05 04:44 AM
renter's insurance RM Piloting 21 April 29th 04 10:52 PM
Renter's Insurance - Questions & Advice Tino General Aviation 0 March 19th 04 08:44 PM
Student Rotorcraft Renter's Insurance Davdirect Rotorcraft 3 January 5th 04 11:02 PM
renters insurance ? BTIZ Owning 4 July 24th 03 12:20 PM