6 Flags St. Louis?

Old June 6th 05, 09:34 PM
Jay Honeck

Default 6 Flags St. Louis?

Would Spirit of St. Louis or Creve Coeur airport be closer to the theme
park?

Can anyone recommend a decent "suites" hotel to stay at that's handy to
the park? Is there any kind of decent transportation to/from the
park?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 6th 05, 10:29 PM
Gene Seibel

Spirit is a bit closer as the crow flies, but I believe driving from CC
via main hiways is a bit closer. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar
with transportation and hotels on that side of town.
--
Gene Seibel
Sue Seibel's Pillsbury Doughboys - http://pad39a.com/sue/doughboy.html

Old June 7th 05, 04:56 AM
Nathan Young

On 6 Jun 2005 13:34:15 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Would Spirit of St. Louis or Creve Coeur airport be closer to the theme
park?

Can anyone recommend a decent "suites" hotel to stay at that's handy to
the park? Is there any kind of decent transportation to/from the
park?

Not sure if you are headed to STL for the themepark or other
attractions, but SixFlags/Great America in Gurnee, IL is just a few
miles from Waukegan (UGN). This would probably be about the same
distance from Iowa City too.

Old June 7th 05, 05:07 AM
Jay Honeck

Not sure if you are headed to STL for the themepark or other
attractions, but SixFlags/Great America in Gurnee, IL is just a few
miles from Waukegan (UGN). This would probably be about the same
distance from Iowa City too.

Yeah, I know -- we used to live just north of there, in Kenosha, WI.

But we've been there a zillion times, albeit a few years ago. Which is why
the kids and Mary want to go to Six Flags in St. Louis -- it's "different"
somehow...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 7th 05, 05:52 AM
videoguy

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Would Spirit of St. Louis or Creve Coeur airport be closer to the theme
park?

Can anyone recommend a decent "suites" hotel to stay at that's handy to
the park? Is there any kind of decent transportation to/from the
park?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Jay,

Spirit (KSUS)is a bit closer to Six Flags, especially if you know how to go
down "the back way" and is also close to food and hotels. Your costs at
Spirit for the plane are almost certain to be higher than at Creve Coeur
(1HO).

1HO is a smaller, more friendly place and with the recent opening of hwy 364
you can be on I-270 at page in about 5-7 minutes. From there you can easily
get down to I-44 west and on the way to Six Flags.

Courtesy cars to hotels might be easier to get from Spirit. It probably
depends on where the hotel is. Baymont Inn and Suites at Westport is quite
close to 1HO. Springhill Suites is close to KSUS. I think that's one of
the newer 'pricier' ones. Confort Inn and Suites is very close to KSUS,
actually being on the main road to KSUS.

I don't know of any transportation to Six Flages from the hotles around KSUS
or 1HO. I do think there's a Ramada very near Six Flags that offers free
transport for guests to the park. May be others in the area doing that too;
Just don't know for sure.

I don't think there is any car rental at 1HO. You might be able to get one
deliered by Enterprise to 1HO. Guess a call to their national number might
help. Executive Beechcraft at KSUS has rental cars available Call ahead
for specs.

If I can do anything to assist you please feel free to email me directly.
(Take out the trash)

Gary Kasten
St. Peters, MO

Old June 7th 05, 02:15 PM
Jay Honeck

Oops! The Ramada at Six Flags is not the Ramada anymore. SSSSSorry about
that!

Yeah, Ramadas are falling like dominos.

Once a proud line, Ramada has really deteriorated. I wouldn't kennel my dog
at the one in our area -- and it *used* to be very nice.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 7th 05, 03:02 PM
RST Engineering

I recommend Creve Coeur highly, if for no other reason than the really
top-notch airplane museum on the field. I don't know about rental cars;
when I go in there my cousin always picks me up {;-)

Jim

Old June 7th 05, 03:39 PM
Rich Ahrens

Gene Seibel wrote:

Spirit is a bit closer as the crow flies, but I believe driving from CC
via main hiways is a bit closer. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar
with transportation and hotels on that side of town.

For a small town atmosphere a bit closer, try MO6.
Old June 7th 05, 06:40 PM
Ben Smith

Sounds like a hoot Jay - look forward to the pirep when you return.

Not sure about SF St. Louis, but I no longer patronize SF Great America in
Chicago. We were there about a year ago this time, and it didn't look like
a very good place to bring young children.. The profanity was out of
control, and so was the line jumping. A fight nearly broke out when the
line jumpers were confronted by others in line. I was with a group of other
adult guests, so we could tolerate most of it, but I was glad we didn't have
kids along.