304S Jet available now

Old August 2nd 14, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_10_]

Default 304S Jet available now

I have had several health issues and quite frankly little time to fly so I've flown this glider only 3 times since it arrived in the USA this year. I also own partnerships in 4 other gliders that I share expences with and and flown only 1 flight in 1 of these this year so I am glider poor and need to reduce this burden.....The 304S is an 18 Meter with JET sustainer. Absoultely flys like a dream...easy to fly well.....honest 51/1 supership.Performance is equal to or better than anything else in the 18M class today! Jet is simplest of all motorized glider options to operate and works beautifully....and is a blast to fly..Roger Ramjet approved!
ser# 031. US Experimental Certificate issued and FAA required restrictions have been flown off so ready to fly anywhere. Arrived in USA May 2014. Intended as a factory demonstrator for USA so exceptionally equipped. Exceptional among all new 18M sailplanes with performance equal to or better than any, Quality and features second to none! Factory installed LX9000 with stick remote, Becker AR6201, Trig Transponder prepaired (transponder not included but all factory installation there for plug n' play, Winter instruments, Dual batteries. Nearly all factory options included. Factory new Cobra trailer with all popular options, special top lifting option for heavy tops (extra weight for wing extensions)Tinted canopy, optional trim weight system, Leather interior, extra-large cockpit for comfort even with larger pilots! All deluxe IMI tow out gear +++ Factory installed JET sustainer. This is NOT your model airplane Jet system used by some manufacturers but a thoroughly tested and documented system as used by military operations. Completely automatic and computer controlled. This glider was ordered and intended as a demonstrator prior to my selling Wings & Wheels to current owners. I no longer compete and this exceptional glider should be in the hands of a competition pilot since the glider is itself a winner! See HpH promo video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Qw...ature=youtu.be Factory price with all options and delivery costs is over $190,000.00 , BUT, The "right" buyer will get an exceptional ship at an exceptional price. If you are the right person for such a ship please give me a call....
Tim Mara (former owner of Wings & Wheels) (716)763 3215

Old August 2nd 14, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

What is the certification status of the jet turbine and is its
maker certified as a manufacturer of jet turbines for gliders or
other manned aircraft?

At 05:04 02 August 2014, Tim wrote:
[...]

v=E3QwR1Hfw0A&feature=youtu.be

Old August 2nd 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

video*on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Qw...ture=youtu.be* Factory price with all options and delivery costs is
over $190,000.00 ,*BUT, *The "right" buyer
will get an exceptional ship at an exceptional price. If you are the
right*person for such a ship please give me a call....

*Tim Mara
(former owner of Wings & Wheels) (716)763 3215

It sounds like a lovely opportunity for someone. A demonstrator was flown by several pilots at our club, and all were very impressed, both as a glider and with the jet system. (The Shark is of course also available as a self launcher).

There is so much confusing choice at the moment in the high performance 18/21 m segment. How on earth do you choose, so much more difficult than with cars where you can go round dealerships having test drives! Other possible choices a

ASG 29 - 15/18, lovely glider (but aren't they all), proven competition winner, great to fly, a safe choice, but if you want an engine you can only have a traditional Solo turbo.

Ventus 2 ?CXT - 15/18, perhaps a fraction behind the ASG 29 at the moment as an 18m comp winner particularly unless you get the A version. Now apparently available with the FES as an alternative to the traditional Solo turbo.

JS1C - 18/21, top competitor in both 18m and Open classes. Theoretically available as a jet sustainer, but allegedly less reliable/further from certification than the Shark jet.

Lak 17b - 18, first glider on which FES was available

ASH 31 Mi - 18/21, not quite as competitive with a slightly higher wing area at 18m, but one of the more limited choices if you want a self-launcher, and the rotary engine is the smoothest and quietest self-launcher.

DG 808 - 18, highly competitive if you want a self-launcher.
Old August 3rd 14, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_10_]

certainly there are "options" available for those looking for the latest
generation high performance 18m gliders, and most are capable of winning any
contest in the right pilots control.....The 304S Jet is unique and not only
competative on race day but a deluxe "pilot's" glider for everyday, really a
joy to fly... and this one is available now, not 2 years from now.
regards
tim

Old August 4th 14, 11:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Claffey

I have flown the Shark, very nice, have not seen Jet.
I am not sure why you think JS1 jet is less reliable or further from
certification? It was very reliable for a number of us at the WGC at Leszno

yesterday! European certification for a non European glider will always be

difficult. With regards to Shark competitiveness, there are none here at
the
WGC. It all depends what you desire from a glider.
Tom

=

Old August 5th 14, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Good to hear the JS1 jet is working fine. It sounds like you tried different gliders before choosing the JS1. Would you share what you liked about the different models and why you chose the JS1?

Does anyone here know about the certification status and prediction for the different sustainer types for flying in the UK?

304S in competition again Tim Mara Soaring 7 July 25th 08 06:41 PM
Need a little more range for your 304S jet? Marc Ramsey[_2_] Soaring 1 July 22nd 07 01:39 PM
HpH 304S news Tim Mara Soaring 2 July 15th 07 04:43 PM
Hey Tim! HpH 304S Mike Soaring 5 October 1st 06 03:46 PM
NEW HpH 304S HORNET II Tim Mara Soaring 3 April 29th 04 02:41 AM