Hit and Run ?? Kamikazi and Run ??

Old November 16th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JG

Default Hit and Run ?? Kamikazi and Run ??

"The pilot of a small airplane that crashed near unincorporated
Downers Grove late Saturday was operating the plane while intoxicated,
officials said Sunday.
Just after 11 p.m. Saturday, fire crews were picking up from the scene
of a multi-car accident with entrapment, when they received a call of
a plane crash in unincorporated area near Downers Grove, according to
a release from the Darien-Woodridge Fire District.

The small single-engine plane, reportedly a Cessna, was heading west,
toward one of the runways in a private air park, when it clipped the
roof of a house in the 8400 block of Kentwood, damaging that home, the
release said. A nearby car was also damaged by falling debris from the
crash. The plane then flew into some tall evergreens and flipped
upside down.
The plane came to a rest upside down in as grassy area just east of a
runway in the Brookeridge subdivision, in the area of the 8500 block
of Kearney Road.
The crash was near the Brookeridge Airport, police said.

The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.
Sean Oskarek, 45, of Woodridge was charged with operating an aircraft
under the influence of drugs or alcohol, according to the DuPage
County Sheriff’s office.

Oskarek is being held in the DuPage County Jail on $100,000 bond."
Old November 16th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

JG writes:

The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their accidents,
even when everyone else is killed?
Old November 17th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beauciphus

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their accidents,
even when everyone else is killed?

They often do not.

Old November 17th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JG

On Nov 16, 4:56*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
JG writes:
The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their accidents,
even when everyone else is killed?

God watches over Drunks and kids...JG
Old November 17th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

JG writes:
The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their accidents,
even when everyone else is killed?

God watches over Drunks and kids...JG

Looks like a job for Mythbusters. I thinking behind this is drunks and kids
might not tense up in a crash so they tend to be more like a ragdoll and not
end up hurt. I think these claims are probably more myth than reality
though.

Old November 18th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

JG writes:
The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their
accidents,
even when everyone else is killed?

God watches over Drunks and kids...JG

Looks like a job for Mythbusters. I thinking behind this is drunks and
kids might not tense up in a crash so they tend to be more like a ragdoll
and not end up hurt. I think these claims are probably more myth than
reality though.

That should be "The" thinking not "I".

Old November 18th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote

Looks like a job for Mythbusters. I thinking behind this is drunks and
kids might not tense up in a crash so they tend to be more like a ragdoll
and not end up hurt. I think these claims are probably more myth than
reality though.

Not really; that is I think there is a lot of reality in the myth! g

I have a friend that came around a sharp blind curve and was met by a single
rear axle county dump truck in her lane. She had enough time to tense up
and brace herself against the steering wheel with her arms. She broke both
wrists. Ouch!

Now, if this had been a drunk, the reaction times to figure out what to do,
and to do it, would not have taken place - at least in time.

The result would have been no bracing, no broken wrists, but a bruised up
face from hitting the steering wheel.

Ask some EMS first responders about their experiences with drunk drivers,
and their injuries in severe wrecks. They will have plenty of tales about
how drunks avoid injury by bouncing around during a wreck.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 19th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

JG writes:

The plane's pilot was gone by the time firefighters got to the scene.
Witnesses told fire crews he got in a car and left the scene. He was
later found to be at a private home in Woodridge, according to the
release.

How is it that drunk people always seem to walk away from their
accidents, even when everyone else is killed?

You're an idiot.

Bertie
Old November 19th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 17, 5:00*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
[...]

Why wasn't she wearing a seat belt? With a shoulder belt your face
wouldn't hit the steering wheel...
Old November 20th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

Why wasn't she wearing a seat belt?

I think she was. You only have to move a couple inches to break something
like wrists.

With a shoulder belt your face
wouldn't hit the steering wheel...

True, I had not thought of that.