As Requested: A380_YVR_Debut_29NOV2006__002_.jpg (1/1)

Old November 30th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Square Wheels

Default As Requested: A380_YVR_Debut_29NOV2006__002_.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A380_YVR_Debut_29NOV2006__002_.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1175
Old November 30th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Thanks for this series. We forwarded them to friends in Vancouver who felt
the local tv news showed not enough about the A380 and the visit.
Now, if one ever comes to the Pensacola Naval Air Station I'd like to know
about it in advance. I'll get some real up close images, Tom

"Square Wheels" wrote in message

Old November 30th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
§qu@r3 Wh33£s

On this day of this month, in a year likely to be unrecorded in human
history, Tom Callahan wrote:

Thanks for this series. We forwarded them to friends in Vancouver who
felt the local tv news showed not enough about the A380 and the visit.
Now, if one ever comes to the Pensacola Naval Air Station I'd like to
know about it in advance. I'll get some real up close images, Tom

Glad ya liked!

The coverage was indeed slim, but it has been on many topics, due
to the fact that this entire area is going through record cold
temperatures and an unprecedented blizzard, so the city is at a crawl.

An impressive lil' bird, I must admit -- too bad they're having financial
woes....

SW

--
How ya gonna make it baby? That's the question to be asked.
Life goes on around you in so many different ways.

And I, I, I, I'm so confused, which way, which way to choose?
Ride with me baby 'til the end of the day.....

-- Mars Bonfire

Old November 30th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Gee, and we are unhappy because it's cool and the water at the beach is in
around sixty five degrees Farenheit. The surfers were out today but they
cheat and wear body suits.

The fog in the morning has made lots of vapor on landing aircraft. It's a
shame the vapor trails are just from the wings. We need more aircraft doing
high speed passes and then coming around to land. Of course they'll do that
when it's dry. Photographer's lament.......Tom

history, Tom Callahan wrote:

Thanks for this series. We forwarded them to friends in Vancouver who
felt the local tv news showed not enough about the A380 and the visit.
Now, if one ever comes to the Pensacola Naval Air Station I'd like to
know about it in advance. I'll get some real up close images, Tom

Glad ya liked!

The coverage was indeed slim, but it has been on many topics, due
to the fact that this entire area is going through record cold
temperatures and an unprecedented blizzard, so the city is at a crawl.

An impressive lil' bird, I must admit -- too bad they're having financial
woes....

SW

--
How ya gonna make it baby? That's the question to be asked.
Life goes on around you in so many different ways.
I know my share of history, how hard it is to be free
From wearing masks that turn to skin, hiding what you could have been.

Old December 4th 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric Joiner

Out of pure conjecture and discussion, does anybody here think that
perhaps the A380 will never be built in any volume? The shear
logistics in getting the parts around Europe seem astounding based
on the various television documentaries etc I have seen showing wings
by barge, parts by airlift, etc, etc.

A huge technical monster to assemble, I am not sure why EADS/Airbus
didnt put several specific factories next to each other in some form
of EU Trade Zone that would allow the politics to step aside for the
logistics.

Im just asking...

Eric
Old December 4th 06, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Eric Joiner wrote:
Out of pure conjecture and discussion, does anybody here think that
perhaps the A380 will never be built in any volume? The shear
logistics in getting the parts around Europe seem astounding based
on the various television documentaries etc I have seen showing wings
by barge, parts by airlift, etc, etc.

A huge technical monster to assemble, I am not sure why EADS/Airbus
didnt put several specific factories next to each other in some form
of EU Trade Zone that would allow the politics to step aside for the
logistics.

Im just asking...

Eric

That's great for the factories, however, the thousands of workers & their
families who vote, spend money and pay taxes would also have to live in one
country as well.

Try to get financial and political support from the non-hosting governments,
uh-huh, yep, that'll happen.

In theory, it shouldn't be a major head**** how Airbus is doing things now,
the transport costs are only a small proportion of the price of the whole
unit. Boeing parts are shipped across the planet as well, perhaps
not the same quantity by weight and just in smaller assemblies.

Making assemblies in different countries gives Airbus a lot more flexibility
and leverage in terms of taxation & IR regimes and more long term planning
choices than Boeing has.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton