GW Bu$h's Torture Chambers and Rape rooms ...!

Old May 14th 04, 05:53 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Morton Davis" wrote in message news:zeqlc.16667$_41.1056281@attbi_s02...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
m...
"Morton Davis" wrote in message

news:XGblc.11724$IG1.386923@attbi_s04...

In News Conferences spokesmen for the DOD admitted that prisoners at
Guatanomo Bay were being subjected to sleep deprivation and forced
into 'uncompfortable positions' for long periods of time. In the
same statements the same spokemen denied they were being tortured.

Not by accepted definitions of torture.

Accepted by whom?

Why, the USA, for one. The UN, apparently, for another. The World Court, or
whatever the hell they call trhemselves, for another. Unless you an show
where they have filed a protest.

See also:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/05/14/torture_at_abu_ghraib_followed_cias_manual/

--

FF
Old May 14th 04, 05:54 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Dave" wrote in message news:pogoc.26507$bS1.6233@okepread02...
Isn't the New Yorker that paper that had writers making up stuff to sell
papers couple months ago? Doesn't sound like a very reliable source.

No, it is not.

I think you are recalling the New York Times, and IIRC it was one (1)
writer, not 'writers'.

--

FF
Old May 14th 04, 05:57 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Yardpilot" wrote in message news:paUoc.43283$536.7599994@attbi_s03...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"Yardpilot" wrote in message

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040510fa_fact

From the source you provide:

A month later, General Karpinski was formally admonished
and quietly suspended, and a major investigation into the
Army's prison system, authorized by Lieutenant General
Ricardo S. Sanchez, the senior commander in Iraq, was
under way. A fifty-three-page report, obtained by The New
Yorker, written by Major General Antonio M. Taguba and not
meant for public release, was completed in late February.

Sounds like a coverup to me.

In your dreams.

The guest today on the Diane Rnem show was Senator John McCain,
a man who knows about the abuse of prisoners. The first thing
Ms Rhem asked him was if he had ever recieved an answer from
Rumsfeld and the DOD to his question about the chain of
command at Abu Graib. He replied that he had received the chart
which the witnesses had neglected (his choice of words) to bring
to the hearing but that chart did not clarify the issue and he
STILL had not received an answer as to hwo the chain of command
was organised at Abu Graib.

That doesn't support your claim. In fact, it is laughably off-point.

As you know this shows that the DOD is STILL stonewalling, refusing
to provide the information needed to identify the respnsible officers
and officials.

Can you provide a link to the UCMJ online?

--

FF
Old May 14th 04, 06:00 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

(Curtis CCR) wrote in message . com...
(Fred the Red Shirt) wrote in message . com...
talk.politics.guns removed from distribution as this thread should
never have been crossposted there in the first place.

"Yardpilot" wrote in message news:yEIkc.6651$Ik.592666@attbi_s53...
"Morton Davis" wrote in message

Where are the videos of Americans cheering in the streets over what
happened, like the supporters ofd the "insurgents" when they hung the burned
bodies of our dead from bridges? There are none because we are not cheering.

If something like this happens, we crack down on the perpetrators. Few if any
people celebrate such things. It seems we worry more about people in other
countries than we do our own when it comes to abuse of authority.

Feel free to prove your assertion.

Here's proof of how the Bush Administration cracked down BEFOR photos
were published:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=518258

In Washington, an army official revealed that one US soldier
was convicted of murder for shooting a prisoner to death in
September 2003 at a detention centre in Iraq, and that another
prisoner was killed at the Abu Ghraib jail near Baghdad
two months later by a private contractor working for the CIA.

The soldier - convicted by court martial - was thrown out
of the service but did not serve time in jail. The official
said that the soldier shot the prisoner after he had thrown
stones at him. The serviceman was found to have used excessive
force. No action was taken against the CIA contractor because
the military had no legal jurisdiction.

OTOH, Reuters reported that the soldier was convicted of murder for
killing the prisoner with a stone. It seems we need the text of the
actua DOD news release.

Would you care to post it for us?

Is there a DOD news release?

Why don't you look for one?

I've done my share of searching and posting links in this thread,
no?

--

FF
Old May 17th 04, 05:02 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

(GS) wrote in message ...

Can you provide proof that there are in fact officers and
officials witholding information?

Reviewing the thread we see:

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...

The guest today on the Diane Rnem show was Senator John McCain,
.... The first thing
Ms Rhem asked him was if he had ever received an answer from
Rumsfeld and the DOD to his question about the chain of
command at Abu Graib. He replied ...he

Yardbird wrote:
That doesn't support your claim. In fact, it is laughably off-point.

(GS) wrote in message ...

Can you provide proof that there are in fact officers and
officials witholding information?

John McCain say that he had not received the information
that he requested. Sen McCain said that what he received

I take John McCain at his word on this. I cannot prove
to you that I heard John McCain say those things.

A failure to provide the requested information does not
prove that it is being deliberately withheld, but the
alternative explanations, for example, no one at teh DOD
actually knowing what the chain of command was, seems
rather unlikely, don't you agree?

See also:

http://www.democracynow.org/article..../05/17/1431219

--

FF
Old May 18th 04, 05:47 AM
Yardpilot

"Yardpilot" wrote in message

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040510fa_fact

From the source you provide:

[...]

No, but fantisize all you want.

Can you provide a link to the UCMJ online?

Yes. Can't you?

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ucmj.htm