RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs)

Old October 17th 07, 08:26 PM
admiral1960 admiral1960 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Mattawa, WA (Desert Aire)
Default RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs)

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

What is "RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs)" ?

I understand it is a group / club that crewed STOOFS, but is there a web site and if so what is it ?

How may I contact the guy in charge ?

I was a reserve squadron, VS-891, from 1960 - 1970. We were activated in 1961 for a year when the wall went up. I did not believe I would ever see it come down but it did and I was still in the reserve system (Army).

Our squadron was at NAS Seattle and we flew S2F-1s, S2Ds & S2Es.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Old October 18th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bill Kambic

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:26:46 +0100, admiral1960
wrote:

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

What is "RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs)" ?

I understand it is a group / club that crewed STOOFS, but is there a
web site and if so what is it ?

RAFS is a group of Gracefull Aging Naval Aviators with S-2/C-1
experience who gather from time to time to drink, swap lies, play
golf, and generally do what Gracefully Aging Naval Aviators do!!!!!
:-)

No web site that I'm aware of.

How may I contact the guy in charge ?

E-mail RAFS (LCdr Gordon Bonnel USN(ret)

I was a reserve squadron, VS-891, from 1960 - 1970. We were activated
in 1961 for a year when the wall went up. I did not believe I would
ever see it come down but it did and I was still in the reserve system
(Army).

Amazing to have lived to see the beginning and the end, eh?

Our squadron was at NAS Seattle and we flew S2F-1s, S2Ds & S2Es.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Drop Gordy a line and he'll get you on the list. The next gathering
is scheduled for Reno, NV the first weekend of October, 2008.

Bill Kambic
Veteran: VS-27, VS-30, VS-73 (and VP-93 and VT-28)
Old October 18th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Blinky the Shark

admiral1960 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

What is "RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs)" ?

I understand it is a group / club that crewed STOOFS, but is there a
web site and if so what is it ?

http://r-a-f-s.org/

Although there's not much there but a mail link for the person whose
address someone already gave you in this thread.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups