OK, Thinking-Cap Time...

Old November 20th 05, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default OK, Thinking-Cap Time...

Oh, now you're talking like a man with only 1/2 a loaf!

Are you implying I'm light in the loafers?

Crikey! And *I* get accused of off-topic posts!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 20th 05, 07:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:

Crikey! And *I* get accused of off-topic posts!

:-)

Only by those with lesser senses of humor :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old November 21st 05, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

David Lesher wrote:

Wonder if there is a safe way to bypass it long enough to make a
test flight. I'd say just replace it, but know that a $5 switch
like that becomes a $500 switch once annointed with FAA Holy Oil.

The piper split master is approximately $35 from Piper. You can
bypass the alternator field side of the switch by unscrewing the lugs
from the switch and fastening them together with a small bolt, nut and
star washer. Put the joint in an insulating sleeve to protect it from
shorting. Not sure the legality of bypassing the switch for a flight
though?