Instrument training

Old May 19th 05, 02:53 PM
xxx

Default Instrument training

I've got about 6 hours now and find it not the slightest bit
fun.

Can anyone remind me why I'm inflicting this on myself?

Old May 19th 05, 03:10 PM
Matt Barrow

"xxx" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got about 6 hours now and find it not the slightest bit
fun.

Can anyone remind me why I'm inflicting this on myself?

Because flying above the clouds, etc., is the second biggest thrill, after
sex.

Old May 19th 05, 10:03 PM

In rec.aviation.student Matt Barrow wrote:
"xxx" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got about 6 hours now and find it not the slightest bit
fun.

Can anyone remind me why I'm inflicting this on myself?

Because flying above the clouds, etc., is the second biggest thrill,
after sex.

Even tho second... "flying lasts LONGER than sex"!

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old May 20th 05, 07:20 AM
Cockpit Colin

Because flying above the clouds, etc., is the second biggest thrill, after
sex.

I thought sex was for people who didn't fly aeroplanes?

Old May 21st 05, 01:05 PM
Clyde Torres

"Cockpit Colin" wrote in message
Because flying above the clouds, etc., is the second biggest thrill,
after
sex.

I thought sex was for people who didn't fly aeroplanes?

You obviously aren't a member of the mile high club or the down to earth
club.

Old May 20th 05, 02:03 PM

Actually, flying the ILS to minimums (as I did Wednesday going into
Boston Logan on an Angel Flight) and seeing those beautiful lights in
front of you when you are at 250 ft is certainly among THE greatest
thrills.

There are many, many times when ONLY the immediate area of the airport
is fogged in, particularly Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and
Boston. After an IFR departure, in 20 minutes you can be in clear blue
VFR. Without the rating, you are STUCK until the fog lifts.

This discussion has surfaced frequently over the years I have been on
this NG . . . and I remain a strong advocate of the Instrument Rating
when it comes to optimum utilitization of an aircraft and pilot's
advanced education.

I don't see ANY downside.

Old May 21st 05, 12:12 AM
John Gaquin

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message news:zorje.2569

Well, not quite as great a thrill as seeing a mountain when you break out
at 250'. :-)

If you had a chance to fly the approach into KaiTak, you *would* see a
mountain (big hill) right in front of you when you broke out at about 650.
Then you turn. Promptly. :-)