Rudder problems

Old November 20th 03, 09:15 PM
Murphy

Default Rudder problems

I've just installed CH Pro rudder and pedals, gameport version, and can't
seem to get the rudder control to work correctly. In the calibration area
the rudder and throttle are both assigned to the Z axis and I'm unable to
change it. Shouldn't the rudder be assigned to the "R" axis? The yoke
assignments work fine so now looking for help from someone who may have
experienced and solved the same problem.
Thanks for any help. Murphy

Old November 20th 03, 10:01 PM
H M

Murphy wrote:
I've just installed CH Pro rudder and pedals, gameport version, and can't
seem to get the rudder control to work correctly. In the calibration area
the rudder and throttle are both assigned to the Z axis and I'm unable to
change it. Shouldn't the rudder be assigned to the "R" axis? The yoke
assignments work fine so now looking for help from someone who may have
experienced and solved the same problem.
Thanks for any help. Murphy

Z-axis? R-axis?
what happens when you step on the left pedal, and what happens when you
step, on the right one?

Old November 20th 03, 10:54 PM
Murphy

"H M" wrote in message
Murphy wrote:
I've just installed CH Pro rudder and pedals, gameport version, and

can't
seem to get the rudder control to work correctly. In the calibration

area
the rudder and throttle are both assigned to the Z axis and I'm unable

change it. Shouldn't the rudder be assigned to the "R" axis? The yoke
assignments work fine so now looking for help from someone who may have
experienced and solved the same problem.
Thanks for any help. Murphy

Z-axis? R-axis?
what happens when you step on the left pedal, and what happens when you
step, on the right one?

When I go into the "Testing CH Virtual pilot pro" calibration area I have an
X/Y box to calibrate and 2 other slider type boxes labeled Z and R. The
X/Y box reacts to the yoke movement, the Z box reacts to throttle but the R
box which I assume should be the rudder adjustment does not react to either
the rudder or any other input. When on the ground in FSIM I can clearly see
the rudder permanently locked to one side and therefore cannot control the
aircraft on the ground since the rudder pedals do nothing. Hope that
answers your question and you can help.
Regards, Murphy

Old November 20th 03, 11:27 PM
Dashi

"Murphy" wrote in message
newsCbvb.443042$6C4.57401@pd7tw1no...

"H M" wrote in message
Murphy wrote:
[...]

Z axis = rudder
X axis = ailerons
Y axis = elevator

Throttle is usually assigned to a "slider" type of control.

Try assigning the "throttle" to R axis.

Let us know what happens.

Dashi

Old November 22nd 03, 11:30 AM
H M

Hope that answers your question

it does.

and you can help.

sorry, i can't. anyone else?

Old November 23rd 03, 05:03 PM
Twilight dreamer

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:15:21 GMT, "Murphy" wrote:

I've just installed CH Pro rudder and pedals, gameport version, and can't
seem to get the rudder control to work correctly.

Well, i'm not a expert, but here are some things you can try.

1. It could be you haven't indicated that you have a rudder connected.
In that case you go to the configuration screen selected
gamecontrollers, remove your yoke and select him again, but this time
tick the box to indicate you have a rudder connected.

2. Your drivers are out of date. Download new ones from CH's homepage.

3. Try to delete all the callibartion data and try again. Logitech has
a little program to do that. Try this link
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

and download the wingman clear callibration utility at the leftside.

Hope this will work.

Albert.

This is my life of sadness,
this is the life i live.
This is my life of gladness,
this is the life i live.

Q65
Old November 24th 03, 07:44 AM
Murphy

I could send a screenshot of the problem if anyone would be willing to look
at it...
Murphy