Shazam!

Old June 28th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Shazam!

Big Congrats to Daniel Sazhin on winning Sports Class Nationals in Nephi with some awesome flying. He's now a two time champion and only 23(or so) Yrs old! Congrats buddy
Old June 28th 18, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In a LS-3! Old tech (with a great pilot) rules!
Old June 28th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 11:06:52 AM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Big Congrats to Daniel Sazhin on winning Sports Class Nationals in Nephi with some awesome flying. He's now a two time champion and only 23(or so) Yrs old! Congrats buddy

Way to go Daniel!!!! We also had another twenty-something pilot finish in 4th place, Michael Marshall.
Old June 28th 18, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Not just any old LS-3. The Aero Club Albatross (club) LS3 fondly dubbed "El Bondo"

P3

p.s. Looks like I know what my winter refinishing project is going to be...
Old June 28th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Hey Eric from what I heard, The Kid got a start on the wings for you!
Old June 28th 18, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When is the last time a national class contest was won by a club glider? I mean, a glider that is actually owned by a glider club, and handed over to the contestant for a couple of weeks to compete at the national level.

Jim Beckman

Old June 28th 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Well there was the 2013 1-26 Championships in Moriarty where Daniel flew "Sweet Red" to a win in a shootout with Ron Schwartz.

OH and Eric - I suggest you don't touch that LS-3 this winter. It clearly is running just fine. It's not nearly as bad as Templins, so you can always just compare it to that, and if you refinish it you have a big risk of messing it up!
Old June 28th 18, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 20:27 28 June 2018, Tony wrote:
Well there was the 2013 1-26 Championships in Moriarty where Daniel

flew
"Sweet Red" to a win in a shootout with Ron Schwartz.

OH and Eric - I suggest you don't touch that LS-3 this winter. It

clearly
is running just fine. It's not nearly as bad as Templins, so you can

always
just compare it to that, and if you refinish it you have a big risk of
messing it up!

From what I saw, the radio and instruments could possibly use a
tune up though. Way to go Daniel!

RO

Old June 29th 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

From my experiences in hang gliding way back in the past, and modern cockpits in sailplanes, I discovered that malfunctioning instruments and no radio definitely make you focus.

"When a man knows he is to be hanged...it concentrates his mind wonderfully."

Attributed to Dr. Samuel Johnson "Life of Johnson" by John Boswell. This particular quote was written September 19, 1777. Some things don't change.

Old June 29th 18, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

What a great achievement for a young pilot. It seems there is life left still in the LS3.
Best of all it shows that spending several hundred thousand on a glider won’t buy a win.