Too close? Too small?

Old June 15th 05, 03:12 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

No experienced rotorcraft pilot would even consider flying UNDER wires,
landing on an obviously too small pad and mention that they had a blade
strike non-chalantly, as if it was a smudge on the windshield.

Well maybe incidents like that in the real world experience and day to
day operations of a real life helicopter pilot are what sets apart
people like that with experience who encounter those situations and
people like you who cruise into this group out of the blue with
a private pilots license who proceed to tell us that you know more
than everyone else in this group combined.

I am a licensed private pilot flying in southern Virginia. Really.
This moron is just that: a moron who is dreaming about flying and
laughing as you guys lap up his BS.

Since you havn't established your bona fides in this group then
I daresay that the moron with bull**** coming out of their mouths
is you.
Old June 15th 05, 03:36 PM

I'll be happy to forward our hero's commnets to his local FSO if he'll
tell me where he flys.
I have been here for a long time. I just don't post much.
Sorry if you are mad with me. If you were a pilot you would understand
how bad this guy's posts are. YOU DO NOT DO THE THINGS HE PURPORTS TO
DO IN REAL LIFE.
He claimed he ruined a blade the way I'd mention the time of day.
Do you have any idea the costs there. I do. I have owned 2 helicopters.
He's shooting BS and you are eating it up.

Old June 15th 05, 03:52 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

I'll be happy to forward our hero's commnets to his local FSO if he'll
tell me where he flys.

Don't you sound like a ripe bag of potatoes.

I have owned 2 helicopters.

Please provide verifiable and irrefutable proof
the above statement is true.

He's shooting BS and you are eating it up.

So what..... Even if he is - at least his BS sounds a
lot friendlier than the crap out of your mouth.
Old June 15th 05, 07:56 PM

Well you have certainly established your lack of experience in
agricultural aviation aka crop dusting? I've got more than 12,000 hours
in the lowest reaches of the airspace system flying all over the world.
A few of the older people here may recall my Ol Shy & Bashful title.
Some may remember Flyinrock? Not too hard to prove my bonafides and
experience.
Look back in older issues of Ag Pilot International magazine and you'll
see quite a few of my articles complete with photos etc. My pilot
certificate number is 1550330 and was issued over 40 years ago.
Still think I'm full of BS? Do you have any idea of what FAR 137 is?
Ol Shy & not so bashful (today anyway!
Now I gotta get back to work. already flew 6 hours since sunup......

Old June 15th 05, 09:26 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

A few of the older people here may recall my Ol Shy & Bashful title.

Indeed we do.

Some may remember Flyinrock?

Indeed we do.

Not too hard to prove my bonafides and experience.

Indeed... As you have done many times in the past.

Now I gotta get back to work. already flew 6 hours since sunup......

Good thing you never mentioned flying out of the bed of a pickup truck
hundreds of times a day..... Why that might get a certain sack of
potatoes all lathered up and threatening to call the local FSO.
Old June 15th 05, 11:25 PM
B4RT

No experienced rotorcraft pilot would even consider flying UNDER wires,
landing on an obviously too small pad and mention that they had a blade
strike non-chalantly, as if it was a smudge on the windshield.

Not true... I've never done it because its never come up But....
If you had a big wind direct across high tension wires coming
out of a confined area it could in fact be safer to go under them.
Hover taxing under wires 75 feet above you could be a buttload
safer than pulling 99% straight up 120 feet to go over them.

Kinda noticed you said "licensed private pilot" but not rotorcraft.
Not all the sage wisdom from Stuckwing land applies in Choppertown.
And before you rip on me too, I own and fly both kinds.
too.

Bart

Old June 16th 05, 02:12 AM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

B4RT wrote:

Kinda noticed you said "licensed private pilot" but not rotorcraft.

Hee hee hee... You noticed that too.

BUT BART - He does claim to have owned two helicopters.
Old June 16th 05, 05:13 AM

My license is in Rotorcraft. This IS a rotorcraft forum isn't it??? How
much dumber can we get?
And I have not one hour in fixed wing, FYI.

I have owned 2 R22's.
Sorry if that makes others here jealous.

Old June 16th 05, 05:28 AM

What possible good are you doing giving me your airman's #. I have no
way to trace that, sir.
Why not your name and where you fly? Since you are a famous author to
boot, why not let us all know who you are?
Or would that not fit in with your multiple monikers???

Old June 16th 05, 06:04 AM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Sorry if that makes others here jealous.

Mr Potatohead you are delusional.