ASA On Top 9?

Old February 15th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger[_4_]

Default ASA On Top 9?

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:59:54 -0800, Hamish Reid
wrote:

I realise it's only been released for a few days, but as I'm in the
market for a non-MS sim, and as I have an older version that works just
fine but needs updating so it can do real GPS, etc., does anyone have
anything to say one way or another about ASA's new On Top 9?

That does bring to mind the question as to what is the best PC based
IFR training sim. I have the rating so it does not have to be
certified unless of course we get lucky and all the FAA decides to let
us some that time for currency.

Currently I need more than currency. It's been so long since I flew
IFR It's a proficiency issue. I need to get out there in real life
and get proficient again, then take an IPC.

Thanks,

Hamish

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old February 15th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Roger wrote:

I had some minor problems, talked to a tech and had them fixed in
minutes. The guy stayed on the phone and talked me through the steps
even though I was familiar with the process.

Currently using OnTop 8

This was an earlier version. I can't see throwing more good money
after bad. Of course if ASA offered an upgrade, I might change my
tune. But until then, my position is they let an either incompetent
or dishonest salesman sell me a package that corporately they knew
wasn't going to work, and offered no remedy to the fact that I blew
close to $500 on the pair of worthless packages.
Old February 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Ron Natalie wrote:
tune. But until then, my position is they let an either incompetent
or dishonest salesman sell me a package that corporately they knew
wasn't going to work, and offered no remedy to the fact that I blew
close to $500 on the pair of worthless packages.

Sounds an awful lot like Windows ME...

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old February 16th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger[_4_]

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:05:39 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman
wrote:

Ron Natalie wrote:
tune. But until then, my position is they let an either incompetent
or dishonest salesman sell me a package that corporately they knew
wasn't going to work, and offered no remedy to the fact that I blew
close to $500 on the pair of worthless packages.

Sounds an awful lot like Windows ME...

I hate to say this, but I had very few problems with ME. :-))
Besides, ME was a LOT cheaper than $500.