C-5 OVER HANGS HIGHWAY

Old November 18th 06, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
adelsonsl

Default C-5 OVER HANGS HIGHWAY

--
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
shouting

Ooooo
( ) 0oooo
\ ( ( )
\ _) ) / DIRTY FeaT
(_ /
All my friends were strangers once........some of them are still pretty
strange

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C-5 OVER HIGHWAY.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	670
Old November 18th 06, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ed Loomis

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:24:19 -0500, "adelsonsl" wrote:

OK, I'll bite. Is this another photo shop job or is there a story? Thanks.
Ed

Old November 19th 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Goofey Grape

Ed Loomis wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:24:19 -0500, "adelsonsl" wrote:

OK, I'll bite. Is this another photo shop job or is there a story? Thanks.
Ed

there is a web site "snoops" that talks about this picture...

Old November 19th 06, 04:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Thomas A. Scamfer

The story...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/i564.asp

Old November 19th 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Price

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 04:16:19 +0000, Thomas A. Scamfer wrote:

The story...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/i564.asp

The actually I-564 goes under the runway but it's before the TDZ when
landing from the other direction and is just run off from the direction
the C-5 was landing. It was all over the papers here in Norfolk/VB and was
also posted here a few years back after it happened.
John

Old November 20th 06, 11:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
NoJags Neil

Reminds me of when I was working in Uxbridge. Some people turned up late
for work one morning claiming that there was an aeroplane on the M40. We
heard later that a bizjet had overshot the runway at Northolt. We also
heard on the grapevine that the two men on the flight deck had been fighting
over the controls. There were two ladies in the cabin who "weren't their
wives". Truly bizarre incident.