On-Line Poll: Ban flights over New York?

Old October 12th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default On-Line Poll: Ban flights over New York?

ABC News is doing an on-line poll right now, asking whether "Planes
should be allowed so close to the New York skyline."

The results are appallingly bad -- like three to one in FAVOR of
banning all flights near New York! Although this is far from a
scientific poll, it might not hurt if we all weighed in he

http://abcnews.go.com/

(You'll have to hunt around a bit to find the NY Plane Crash story, now
that the "Lady killing her babies" story has jumped to #1...)

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 12th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

click on the #2 under the two little kids that are the subject of the
top story. There is a subheading for vote under there.

It is like 750 (against) flights to 250 right now.

KC

Old October 12th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Jay Honeck posted:

ABC News is doing an on-line poll right now, asking whether "Planes
should be allowed so close to the New York skyline."

The results are appallingly bad -- like three to one in FAVOR of
banning all flights near New York! Although this is far from a
scientific poll, it might not hurt if we all weighed in he

If the results are overwhelmingly in favor of banning "_all_ flights near
New York", would the mayor close La Guardia? ;-) THAT might make a few
New Yorkers think twice. In fact, I'd be in favor of that one! ;-)

The stupidity of this is incredible. I'll bet that in the time it takes to
finish this poll, within Manhattan there will be more murders, accidental
deaths to pedestrians, and suicides than GA kills in a year.

Neil

Old October 12th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_4_]

Too bad one of the options on the poll is not "**** off"...

Old October 12th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Youngquist

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Jay Honeck wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/

(You'll have to hunt around a bit to find the NY Plane Crash story, now
that the "Lady killing her babies" story has jumped to #1...)

This should go directly to the poll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941

-Dan
Old October 12th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Dan Youngquist" wrote in message
hell.org...

This should go directly to the poll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941

Direct to the poll results.

Old October 12th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Dan Youngquist" wrote in message
hell.org...

This should go directly to the poll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2557941

Direct to the poll results.

It took me to the poll itself the first time. Then to the results when
I tried it a second time. I guess we can't vote twice like in Chicago!

Matt
Old October 12th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

It took me to the poll itself the first time. Then to the results when I
tried it a second time. I guess we can't vote twice like in Chicago!

It took me to the results the first time. I didn't get to vote once.

Old October 12th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

It took me to the poll itself the first time. Then to the results when I
tried it a second time. I guess we can't vote twice like in Chicago!

It took me to the results the first time. I didn't get to vote once.

That is weird, when you vote it puts a file on your computer to redirect you
to the results page the next time. You can go into your browser cache and
delete all the crap abc puts in there when you go to their site and vote as
many times as you want. Maybe there is a way to automate that

Allen