Wolfowtz Before Congress

Old June 23rd 04, 09:16 AM
WalterM140

Default Wolfowtz Before Congress

"WASHINGTON, June 22 — Deputy Defense Secretary Paul D. Wolfowitz, a prime
architect of the Bush administration's Iraq policy, said Tuesday that the
Pentagon had underestimated the violent tenacity of an insurgency that formed
after Baghdad fell, and he acknowledged that the United States may be forced to
keep a significant number of troops in Iraq for years to come."

-- Today's NY Times

That's all very nice, but let's recall that two four star generals (at least)
Generals Zinni and Hoar -- both former commanders of Central Command -- have
said Iraq was contained, and no invasion was necessary. And let's remember that
the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Shinseki said 300K troops were required
to settle the security situation.

Let's remember that the Bush administration went into Iraq with less than half
that number after ensuring the only possible source of significant numbers of
other troops -- the UN -- was thoroughly alienated.

The Bush adminstration is a miserable failure and the blood of our troops is
red on its hands.

Walt
Old June 23rd 04, 01:06 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:
[...]

"But, Daddy, if I fire them, I might embarrass them and make them feel bad!" Is
that a boss man with balls, or what??? Yeah, I know.....it sure as hell isn't
the first choice, is it.

George Z.

Old June 23rd 04, 06:10 PM
Kevin Brooks

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
WalterM140 wrote:
[...]

And Shinseki's numbers have proven to be high; you might note that Shinseki
himself waffled after his first statement, dropping the number to 200K
(still too high)...

Let's remember that the Bush administration went into Iraq with less

than half
that number after ensuring the only possible source of significant

numbers of
other troops -- the UN -- was thoroughly alienated.

The Bush adminstration is a miserable failure and the blood of our

troops is
red on its hands.

Walt

"But, Daddy, if I fire them, I might embarrass them and make them feel

bad!" Is
that a boss man with balls, or what??? Yeah, I know.....it sure as hell

isn't
the first choice, is it.

Tsk, tsk, tsk! And this coming from a yutz who just recently decried the
pursuit of off-topic trolls in the NG--shame on you, Georgie (or is it Hal?
You get me so confused...one minute you actually have the balls to use your
own name, then you revert to using your none-too-witty nom du guerre...).

Brooks

George Z.