One more confirmation

Old February 27th 11, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Moore

Default One more confirmation

"Glenn" wrote
I'm told that all the F-14 aircraft are now razor blades.
That from a very reliable source.

I'm not sure that I would want to use a razor blade made
from aluminum.

Bob Moore
Old February 28th 11, 09:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:44:17 -0600, John Szalay john.szalayATatt.net
wrote:

"Glenn" wrote in

I'm told that all the F-14 aircraft are now razor blades.
That from a very reliable source.

Its what I have heard as well,
except for the approx- 88 De-milled ones in museums
they don,t want the Iranians to get ANY parts for the Tom-Cat at all so
IIRC: even those have been stripped of any useable parts..

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/6...14s-deny-Iran-
any-parts.html

We have one of the 88 at Seattle's Museum of Flight. Repainted by the
museum; not sure it ever wore this scheme in real life, it was in the
barfy 'tactical gray' scheme when it arrived.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14A_160382_MoF_BFI_5-03_B.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	47212  Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14A_160382_MoF_BFI_5-03_D.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	47213
Old February 28th 11, 10:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

:-( I've had to pull my leg of the trip to Seattle. Wont be able to fit in
everything I want to do.
although, if the snow keeps falling, I may not be able to drive from Wyoming
to Masachusettes so may have to look at doing Seattle :-)

But I really want to do the drive across the top.

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:44:17 -0600, John Szalay john.szalayATatt.net

"Glenn" wrote in

Old March 1st 11, 08:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:36:38 +1100, "Glenn"
wrote:

:-( I've had to pull my leg of the trip to Seattle. Wont be able to fit in
everything I want to do.
although, if the snow keeps falling, I may not be able to drive from Wyoming
to Masachusettes so may have to look at doing Seattle :-)

But I really want to do the drive across the top.

We are the last bastion against the Canoodlian hordes!

We've been skirting with late winter snow in the region this week,
too. Virtually nothing in the city, but as much as 16" just a few
miles out of town. May not be done yet, but...
Old March 2nd 11, 02:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mr. Frugal

Default One more confirmation - Static F-14 (Huh????) - 1 attachment

Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OK_what_the_hell.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	47214
Old March 2nd 11, 04:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-03-01 18:44:56 -0800, Mr. Frugal said:

Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

image

Well, looking at the Tillamook Air Museum web site and the list of AC
in their collection, it seems what you have there is F14A, BuNo. 159848.
http://www.tillamookair.com/html/air_craft_list.html
http://www.f-14association.com/display-159848.htm

Now as to whether this is a static display, or not I have not been able
to find out. I suspect Tillamook would be able to provide that info.
All I can tell you is, this AC never passed through AMARC.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Old March 2nd 11, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-03-01 18:44:56 -0800, Mr. Frugal said:

Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

image

Well, looking at the Tillamook Air Museum web site and the list of AC
in their collection, it seems what you have there is F14A, BuNo. 159848.
http://www.tillamookair.com/html/air_craft_list.html
http://www.f-14association.com/display-159848.htm

Now as to whether this is a static display, or not I have not been able
to find out. I suspect Tillamook would be able to provide that info.
All I can tell you is, this AC never passed through AMARC.

BTW: the example of F14B at our local Estrella War Bird Museum, in
Paso Robles, was flown in, and is still currently listed as a static
display.
http://ewarbirds.org/f14-tomcat.html

--
Regards,

Savageduck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Estrella-F14B-2644.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	47215
Old March 2nd 11, 06:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

Am 02.03.2011 03:44, schrieb Mr. Frugal:
Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

Iranian Secret Midgets on Recce Mission.
Old March 2nd 11, 07:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-03-01 18:44:56 -0800, Mr. Frugal said:

Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

image

Aagh! What was I thinking?
Now that I really see what you were getting at, I have to admit I am
somewhat baffled. I guess the answer lies in one of two places,
Yillamook AM, or Bill Proffitt, where ever he might be.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Old March 2nd 11, 11:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 07:58:55 +0100, Hans Holbein
wrote:

Am 02.03.2011 03:44, schrieb Mr. Frugal:
Dr. Bill wrote in
:

OK, I give up!

Iranian Secret Midgets on Recce Mission.

RQ-¼ Petite Predator