Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges

Old August 3rd 07, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Horn

Default Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges - dsc03968.jpg

wish I'd taken this but wasn't me. I do think the Staggerwing is
beautiful though.
TH

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 00:55:01 -0400, "Andrew-S"
I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote:

Okay gang in the hopes of putting the merry yEnc wars into the historical
archives of this NG and refocusing it upon aviation imagery here is my
challenge. Whether it be an amateur shot a pro shot, a great one or a bad
one.
I am challenging every person who reads this to post one image from your
collection that you are especially proud of, or that you enjoy looking at.
It doesn't have to be a series of images, and don't worry about how it well
it compares to the resident pro shooters who play here, our unique challenge
comes tomorrow night (Friday). This is not about anything other than
getting as many people as possible to post a single image. If you like, and
you are not a regular contributor why not say something about yourself as
well.

Before it begins the obvious question concerns that subject which has as
many fans as adversaries; the dreaded yEnc. At this point in time I don't
think it really matters if you post in yEnc, or not because the damage has
been done to the group. So now all of us need to let time to heal the
wounds that we as collective been done to it. So my only (and hopefully
benign) comment from the anti yEnc side, is that more people will see your
image in a NON-yEnc format than those who would see it if you posted it in a
yEnc format. HOWEVER if you prefer to post in yEnc PLEASE LABEL IT AS A
YENC IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

Additionally I am asking that ALL PARTIES HOLD OR BITE THEIR FINGERS if they
feel the urge to pass comments or offer UNSOLICITED OPINIONS about either
the joys of yEnc, why you detest yEnc, the various NG yEnc capable readers
etc. Consider it challenge within the challenge to resist ALL POTENTIALLY
inflammatory comments. Remember the game of who blinks first??? My
challenge is intended to be only about images; and NOTHING ELSE!!!

So let the challenge begin, and remember what I asked about labels, and
comments. I will attach an image of mine to start the challenge...

Andrew

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03968.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	15513
Old August 3rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges - dsc03968.jpg - Stasggerwing NC80309 in flight.JPG (0/1)

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:10:56 -0400, Tom Horn
wrote:

wish I'd taken this but wasn't me. I do think the Staggerwing is
beautiful though.
TH

Here's that same Staggerwing in flight one week ago.
Old August 3rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges - dsc03968.jpg - Stasggerwing NC80309 in flight.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stasggerwing NC80309 in flight.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	15514
Old August 3rd 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges

"Oviedo" wrote in message

Good shot! Where was this?

gdp

Old August 4th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message

"Oviedo" wrote in message

Good shot! Where was this?

gdp

If my memory serves me correctly (and mind you have many senior moments
these days), this was taken by an Air Force photographer at Clark Air Base
in the Philippines. I do not remember the year.

Old August 4th 07, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
unstable

Default Challenge to the group both the active participants and the lurkers... 1 of 2 challenges - 1 attachment

wrote in :

I am challenging every person who reads this to post one image from
your collection that you are especially proud of, or that you enjoy
looking at.

When I was still new I flying RC planes I picked up my first low wing
aerobatic plane. I bought a used Carl Goldberg models Super Chipmunk from a
friend at the field. I immediatly fell in love with the plane. the handling
of the plane is the best all around flying plane I have ever flown. (still
after 6+ years in the hobby) and it looks so good in the air. I still
havent came across a RC plane that can lumchavak(sp?) as good as the Super
chippy.
I got a chance to get to the Uvar-Hazy at Dulles airport by DC and finally
saw the real thing. I wish I could of seen Art fly this at an airshow.

I still have the plane but it is waiting for a new cowl and canopy as age
has cracked them beyond repair. and it desperatly needs a new covering job.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0060.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	15526
Old August 4th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

One of my favorite A/C, the Grumman Goose. This one is from the now defunct
company, Antilles Air Boats that flew out of Saint Thomas, US Virgin Island.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antilles Air Boats N8229.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	15532
Old August 4th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

The year was 1965 and I was stationed on the USS Georgetown. We stopped in
Saint Thomas for a port visit. Anchored outside the harbor entrance meant
we had to use the forty footers to go to and from fleet landing. The
coxswains would use a radio tower as a point to steer towards going into the
harbor. Coming out they just headed for the middle of the channel.

On one trip in we were in choppy swells and as the utility boat topped a
wave there was a Goose just airborne right over us. Talk about the hair on
the back of your neck standing up!! What a memory. Oh, liberty was lots
of fun too. Being the only soldier on the ship I got some special attention
in the local hangouts, Tom

Old August 6th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dan Edwards

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message ...
[...]

This is the C-141C nicknamed the "Hanoi Taxi" because it was the first one
in to bring home our POW's from Viet Nam. It is displayed at the National
Museum of the USAF.
-Dan Edwards-

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C-141C Hanoi Taxi fvr.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	15654
Old August 6th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Brooks

wrote in :

I am challenging every person who reads this to post one image from
your collection that you are especially proud of, or that you enjoy
looking at.

Croydon Airshow 1988.

This picture was a last-minute grab of taking an aircraft at low level
but purposely raising the lens to miss out the rooftops just to take out
the point of reference. Although it was on a slow incline away,
inclining the camera gives it an air-to-air quality.

Using a cheap and crappy 80-200mm zoom that would not focus but a poor
student could afford, I took this one using Ektachrome. The guy at the
camera shop who made a print from it could not get the right colour
balance but still it looks great in that the whole thing looks old,
especially when changed to black and white.

Richard.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	15678  Click image for larger version

Name:	LancasterBW.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	15679